PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Hello everyone, I am a 54 year old novice pipe smoker from Mesa, Arizona. Never smoked cigarettes and only smoked cigars occasionally. I have been smoking a pipe for about a month now. Right now I have 5 Savinelli pipes and 2 Peterson's. I am constantly looking for pipes and tobacco. A little addiction I assume. I have bought about 40 different tobaccos. I am enjoying the hell out of this and wish I had started sooner.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site. If you haven't tried these blends, you might want to. All of these are readily available.
Escudo

Solani 633

Solani 660 Silver Flake

Capstan Blue Flake

Mac Baren Old Dark Fired

Savinelli Doblone d'Oro

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
Hope 54 is not too old because I’m 54, too! Like you, recent regular pipe smoker (4 months) and wish I had started sooner. Welcome aboard!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Welcome aboard! 44 here, oldest living member of my family, and smoking a pipe for 27 years.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Thanks for the recommendation cigrmaster. I do have the Escudo but have not tried it. It seems there is not one place that carry's everything and I end up having to flop between pipesandcigars and smokingpipes. Does that seem to be the case? Also, I was told to try Dunhill Early Morning but haven't been able to find it. I called around and a local shop has four tins left. Not sure if it worth the trip to get them since they are a good drive away.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
spartacus, I did most of my tobacco buying from smokingpipes and 4noggins. They have the best inventories for stuff I smoke. Another you might want to try is tobaccopipes.com. They are pretty good as well. PC used to be my go to place years ago, but their inventory on stuff I like is non existent.

Dunhill Early Morning is something I have never smoked. I smoke flakes and plugs 99% of the time.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome Spartacus. I started 8 months ago right after my 59th birthday. I don't feel 59...my wife says I often act like I'm 15. May I suggest Presbyterian and John Cotton's Smyrna, two of my favorites.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome! I'm a novice too, having just started the pipe 4 months ago. Enjoying it very much.
I lived in AZ for 7 years and miss it. Especially now that it's in the 30's here in PA. Love the desert and used to love hiking the Superstitions. In fact, my avatar pic was taken in the Superstition foothills.
I started out in Glendale, then Scottsdale, ending up in Ahwatukee. Still visit friends there from time to time.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I have been smoking a pipe for about a month now. Right now I have 5 Savinelli pipes and 2 Peterson's. I am constantly looking for pipes and tobacco. A little addiction I assume. I have bought about 40 different tobaccos.
Good to see you jumped right in! It took me better than a year to build up such an impressive selection. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.