PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Arrived in the mail today:

A sturdy prince by Ian Walker, commissioned by around fifty members of a Dutch-Flemish forum. Now where's that last tin of Penzance... ? :wink:

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
The prince is my most coveted shape. I have been drooling over them for months now. Just waiting to gather the appropriate funds to purchase a high-quality prince. Great buy, my friend!

bill708

Lurker
Nov 30, 2013
I am a recent convert to Northern Briar pipes. In fact, I own a rusticated prince. The briar is so hard and the rustication is superb. I also have a Ferndown prince. Great shape!

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Thank you all for your compliments. Ian Walker made us all a wonderful pipe and a great deal to match. Found that tin, so tomorrow we'll be off.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Duk,
Beautiful pipe! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
I'm a big fan of the Prince - have a Digby, Irish Second, and a Savinelli.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Congrats Duk on a really fine pipe. I really love the open circle inlay on the stem. Like the opposite of the Dunhill white spot. Plus the silver band and the notable Prince shape. And on this Prince you have really thick walls, which is quite uncommon for this shape. You've got a winner on your hands.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Ditto on the thick pipe walls. That's always my favorite feature on a pipe and they look even better because of the size of your prince. Congrats on the new pipe.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
I have a Northern Briars Regal, it is a superb smoker. Sure your's will be just as good!

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
After the first few half-bowls I'm pretty sure it will be a very good smoker. It's labeled a group 3 (which seems about right), for a pipe over 6.5 inches long and 5 wide. I feel like I'm holding the Schwarzenegger of princes...

Status
Not open for further replies.