PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I don't know...something about this one I like. I think I may get one. I was pleased with the first Nording I bought and this looks like a good, deep bowl so, may try it.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Nording/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=123324

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Its almost 2 inches deep. Any deeper and you would need a flash light to light the stuff in the bottom. Go for it. Its at a great price point.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I love the Nording style, and this one is very nice. I'd buy it and puff away. Let us know if you decide to pull the trigger, too.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
You've got good tobacco and are thinking about buying a thick walled, deep bellied Nording.
What are you waiting for, pal?
Fnord

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
It ought to be an awesome puffer, Colonel. The stain is unique, and with a name like Nording, it's got to be good!

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Well, you've all convinced me...not that I needed much prodding:). You can load that baby up on Monday and smoke till Wednesday-my kind of pipe.So, I just placed the order:)

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Well, it got here today and is a beauty. I couldn't wait to dump some Autumn Evening in it but decided to try a stash of Louisiana Red first...no disappointment. I puffed from lunch till supper time with that chamber pot sized hole in the bowl! It drew so evenly and easy I didn't want to put it down. After while, I'll try the Autumn Evening or may wait anxiously until tomorrow after breakfast. It was a good buy. The stem was tough to get out and back in. I put some chap stick on the stem but still tight.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
David:
Do you have a set of micromesh pads? One or two revolutions with the 4000 grit will erase that "stickiness" problem. It might take three passes but please do them one at a time. You can't put back what you've removed.
I'm glad that Nording smokes well, brother.
Fnord

Apr 6, 2013
My first great was a Nørding Jagtpibe (Huntingpipe) rusticated Bison 2010, and was definately a great pipe. Congratz with yours, it is a beauty :)

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Do you have a set of micromesh pads?
Hmmm...I'm not sure what that is. One thing I discovered about his one is with that large, thick bowl you don't have to be concerned about burning your hand with over zealous puffing. I smoked it slowly on the first bowl, however. Slowly for me is like 30 minutes.:)

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Yep, it ain't bad at all. Had two bowl already today...one Autumn Evening(of course) and one of MV-1000. I'm still glowing:)

Status
Not open for further replies.