PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
It's really no big deal when a guy buys a couple of corn cob pipes.

But I'm pretty pleased with the pipes that the MM company sent to me.
I called MM direct to order a Country Gentleman, a Freehand, and a Diplomat 5th Avenue.

Why I like these pipes is that they are unfinished, not smoothed down, not varnished.

Plus they have the red coloration that harkens me back to when I was a kid and we burned corn cobs in the furnace and I played in the corn cob pile.
The lady didn't give me too hard a time when I ordered some extra bent stems to go with my straight pipes. She said that's a little unusual and I said well yeah. The straight 5th Avenue with a bent stem is my corn cob approximation of a Zulu.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
this recent purchase brings to 15 the number of MM corncob pipes in my rotation.

I had no idea the Country Gentleman was a large as it is. I like it.

the Freehand might be too big for me.
My briar pipes rarely see the light of day, poor things.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"Would you mind posting a pic of the 5th Av? I've never seen am unfinished one"
It is the one on the far right, picture 4, in the picture menu in this link
http://corncobpipe.com/diplomat-corncob-pipe-with-new-choices.html

curl

Apr 29, 2014
the MM lady on the phone said they don't showoff their rusticated pipes online (except maybe for the eaton pipe), but they are available if you ask.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Curl, give that Freehand a try. It is light enough to clench - at least for me, when I'm fly fishing or driving. You might just find out that it is the best smoking pipe you own.
Beast, I don't know if they smoke cooler than the finished but they certainly handle cooler.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The freehand has a fine deep bowl and smokes burley, like Semois, to perfection. Or probably any tub tobacco. I like the medium size cob bowls for any blend, including English, Balkan, and Va or Va/Per. If you have a few pipes, or quite a few, you need cobs, the good ones from Missouri Meerschaum and the historical reed stem cobs from Old Dominion.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
Andrew, I'm sorry but I forgot how to post photos on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.