PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Newminister English Oriental by Erik Stokkebye is an amazing bold English blend. It's got latkia but by no means a latkia bomb, but not a light english either. The latkia is complimented nicely by the turkish samsoon (which is the reason I wanted to try this), it's something that creates a different taste than a latkia heavy mixture. It's definitely spicy, but not like perique, yet still peppery. It's also got a good dose of nicotine. I got this simply on a feeling I'd like it and after one bowl, I'm quite impressed and very happy with my purchase. If you like english blends, this is certainly worth a try, it's something in it's own, but classic english all the way. 4 out of 5 stars indubitably, or 9 out of 10. Plus it's of a quality you'd expect from Dunhill, but at much less a price.
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-manufacturer-retailer-spotlight/pipes-magazine-exclusive-erik-stokkebye-is-back-in-the-tobacco-business/

A classic English mixture, developed from Flue-cured African Virginias,Black Cavendish, Mexican Burleys and Cyprus Latakia. Then on top of these fantastic tobaccos a mild, spicy Turkish Samsun grown on the Black Sea coast is added, just to give the final touch of excellence.Medium Cavendish and loose cut.This non-aromatic blend produces an astonishing array of refined flavors ranging from mild to medium strength.
Edit: Moved to Pipe Tobacco Reviews, L. (Short Peppery and to the Point... :clap: )

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
I have this in my rotation. Love it! It is something to behold.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I would like to try this but am getting confused about what's what.
Erik of course is the son of Peter but I'm seeing Stokkebye Oriental at several vendors and I don't know if it's the Newminister version.
Andrew or Eazye, would you please shoot me a PM and tell me know where I can buy this tobacco?
Thanks.
Fnord

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This sounds like a great recommendation. I want to try it in the future.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
Erik Stokkebye is now with Phillips and King, IIRC. The former Villager-Stokkebye, now just Villager, has Newminster as a replacement for the blends he took with him. I think that's right? Anyway, I don't think this is a Simon and Garfunkel break up, where all the talent went one way. The 4th Gen are all sexy, but the Newminster has something to offer of it's own.
Back to the OP, thanks for the review, and for putting this on my growing list!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Newminster pipe tobaccos are new blends, designed and blended by iconic pipe tobacco man Erik Stokkebye. These are all new blends and should not be confused with Peter Stokkebye tobaccos, since they are not the same thing. Made in Denmark, these blends use the highest quality tobaccos, and are sure to please the most discerning pipe smoker.
Derp derp. http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/dept?dpt=F&srch=DF&tier2=437 I bought it from cup o joes. Wiping tears away between bowls of my pound bag @ cortezattic over your comment. :)

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yikes, this stuff is almost an overdose of nicotine, I literally smoke a bowl of it and I feel nic'd out like after you smoke too many cigarettes. I would call it a good evening smoke for the last bowl of the day. Great flavour though, you can also taste Yenice Agonya in it, it's a kind of almost bitter kind of taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.