PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsoldier

Lurker
Feb 15, 2014
Hello to all from Down-Under Queensland Australia;
My name is Vic, and I've been a Pipe Smoker for over 40 years, enjoying mostly English Blends,in particular Esoterica Penzance.
I'm an ex Infantryman, retiring in 1990 after 20 years Service both at home and overseas.

I no longer am able to work full time, being on a Veteran's Disability Pension, but enjoy each and every day s it comes to me.
I've come onto your site many times over the last couple of years, finally deciding 2 weeks ago to join.

I look forward to contributing to the many forums in the future as I become more familiar with both the site and you fellow members.
Until then,God's speed;

Vic

{old soldier}
*EDIT* - I changed your title to reflect your introduction and also so that new members aren't confused by it and post in the official one found HERE -Jason (lordnoble)

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Hi Vic and welcome on board! 20 years service is a great achievement. As you've seen this is a great group of guys and girls - they're funny, informative, and always friendly and respectful. I think your location is ideal in that you're in the middle of the Americans in your morning and the Europeans in the afternoon. There'll be posts to answer when you get up and responses and comments before you go to bed! Hope you enjoy it mate. Anything I can do for you from London, just shout.
Andy

oldsoldier

Lurker
Feb 15, 2014
Many thanks Andy & Steve;
Hey Andy, I noticed your Coat of Arms. I was born and raised for part of my life in Largs, Scotland.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Welcome, Vic, and all our other new members!
In case you overlooked it, there is a *sticky* thread built for just these kinds of intros: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/new-members-introduce-yourself-1. (I think the fact that these "stickies" are shaded a much darker color than all the other threads actually makes them easier to overlook!)
Bob

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Welcome Vic, and all the newcomers whose intros I've missed over the last couple of weeks.
Vic, thank you for your service. I look forward to hearing your pipe-o-pinions over the coming weeks and months.
Cheers,
-- Pat

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Hey Vic - I know of Largs but I've never been there. TBH I'm English, although the family were retainers in the distant past and some great Aunts and Uncles who farm in Castle Douglas. How come Aus? Are you an emigre from the UK or the US? Dive into the threads fella - there's some excellent stuff on here. All the best fella.
Andy

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Welcome mate! I think you have already discovered that this site has one of the most polite groups of members of any forum; certainly any I belong to. Please share some old war stories with us if they are not too painful for remembrance!

Spencer

oldsoldier

Lurker
Feb 15, 2014
Hey Vic - I know of Largs but I've never been there. TBH I'm English, although the family were retainers in the distant past and some great Aunts and Uncles who farm in Castle Douglas. How come Aus? Are you an emigre from the UK or the US? Dive into the threads fella - there's some excellent stuff on here. All the best fella.
Andy
Hi Andy;
I emigrated from the United Kingdom. Canada was our first choice with Australia second; Australia came out in the Ballot. No regrets here; Australia and her people were then and still are, some 50 years later, absolutely and uniquely wonderful people

trifecta13

Lurker
Feb 18, 2014
I'm new to the forums, but have been lurking around all things pipesmagazine for some time now. I've been hovering through the radio shows and have listened to almost all of them now. I am a former caption contest winner and just a big fan if the site in general. Glad I finally took the time to pop in and join in. Thanks for having me.

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Hello to all from the farmlands of northeast pa. My name is Rip wolf and I'm stoked to find a site that's so complex ed yet so simple and friendly.Pipes are one of my passions and i hope i can contribute as well as bring some humor to this fraternity.I am having a tuff time since I'm not that computer literate navigating though this site but I'm sure with time and a little help from some members I'll blend in . Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.