New Members, Introduce Yourself!

(1836 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Lawrence
  • Latest reply from salcheech
  1. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love your screen name Pipeninjamaster.
    Now we know who Paul's SWMBO is.
    We are all glad you joined us.
    Welcome!

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I think joining took all the energy out of her - as she promptly fell asleep. But damn, now I'm gonna have to watch what I say here.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. pipeninjamaster

Jessica

Login to Send PM

I love your screen name Pipeninjamaster.
    Now we know who Paul's SWMBO is.
    Welcome!

Thanks Lawrence!

I may not be around as much as Paul (he kind of hogs the laptop), but will certainly stop by when I can

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

luke

Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,

Just joined. Great forum. I have learned a LOT about pipes, tobacco, and how to properly enjoy them in the past month. It all started with a recent Boston trip – there I was on Harvard Square standing in brisk fall weather when I site a tobacco shop older than Texas (the hot hot place I live). I wander in and the salesman really knew his trade. I ended up buying a Stanwell “Mariner’s pipe” for just under a hundred and some Cavendish style tobacco. Smoking it properly and keeping the bowl and stem dry has resulted in me really enjoying pipe smoking for the first time. (I have dabbled with it several times in the past because it just looks so relaxing.) No hot tongue or dry mouth or coughing (no inhale). In the time since then I have picked up another Stanwell, a Mauro Armellini Italian briar (awesome pipe), a Caminetto “Christmas” pipe and have a Peterson on the way. With the exception of the Italian pipes these were all reasonably priced. I have an old meerschaum and thought nothing could smoke cooler than that till I started smoking these briars properly with good beginner tobacco and they surpass the meerschaum easily. I think I have been down to Tobacco Lane in downtown Fort Worth 4 times in the past month trying different tobaccos for free and so far I have definitely settled on a favorite evening smoke hands down – it is called “Finest” and is a very rich dark vanilla tobacco the sell OTC.

Look forward to future discussions and learning more.

Cheers, Luke

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lagavulin92

Login to Send PM

Hi!

I'm back online after a long break and even fonder of the forum. If anyone sent me me an unanswered friend request, please take no offense.

Happy smoking!

Nam

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome back Nam, and welcome Luke to the forum

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe. Nowhere else could things be more messed up.

Does a culture based on separation and competition, of scientific sophistication and mideval religion, offer happiness even as it ravishes the Earth that sustains it?
    Posted 3 years ago #
  7. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome Luke!
    Welcome back Nam!

Glad to have you aboard.
    Just dive right in.
    We all look forward to seeing your pictures, comments, and questions.

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. joe912

joe912

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone.

Been a smoker (pipe & cigar) for the last 12 years. I dropped off the briar for some time, and this year I picked it up again and promptly asked myself "why did I ever stop?" I have no good answer for that.

A little about me: I live in the great state of Alaska (outside of Wasilla to be exact) As for what I do, I'm a truck driver by trade and have worked on many of the roads up here. I also spend a lot of time working on the North Slope. Needless to say, I have quite a bit of time to enjoy fine tobacco in my "office"

I look forward to conversing and, well, BSing with many of you

-Joe

If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it must be an electrical problem
    Posted 3 years ago #
  9. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Joe: welcome to the forum, we hope you post up lots of pics of Alaska for us

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. deelcee

deelcee

Login to Send PM

Hi from Nottingham UK!
    looking forward to some good banter and info!

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. leumas80

leumas80

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    I picked up smoking pipes about a year ago and love it. I have only smoked briar, but would love to try meerschaum. In my limited experience so far I prefer bent stem pipes, and would love a nice long church warden (admittedly due to loving lord of the rings).

A little about my self: I am 31 years old from Oklahoma city, I am a contractor in the world of hazmat.
    I am also an avid cigar smoker. I look forward to chatting with all of you and hopefully learning a lot more about all things Pipe, and maybe even cigars!!

-Sam-

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

knoxamus

Login to Send PM

Hello
    I am 19 and have been smoking pipes for almost a year now, I am from South Dakota
    I smoke briar pipes and my favorite pipe i have is a Stanwell bent billiard. I have start to collect older pipes and have been trying to restore them. I like to smoke cigers every once in a while.
    I love english blend tobaccos, but my favorite tobacco i have is called gandelfs choice that I get at a tobacco shop locally.

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

welcome guys to the forum

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. User has not uploaded an avatar

xoibsurferx

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone. I have taken up the art of pipe smoking to help relieve stress (I'm 21 years old married with almost two year old twins) and well I need something to help me enjoy myself. The "pipe" time is great and very pleasurable.

I'm still learning about all the tips and tricks to it but my first two smokes were great. I know I need to work on packing and keeping it lit. I am trying to not puff TOO much and to just enjoy it.

So far I have a Dr.Grabow pipe and a pouch of Captain Black (White) tobacco. Any other recommendations on enjoyable tobacco's? I know there's many and that's the fun part (finding that perfect taste/blend that you personally like).

I'm located in Monroe, NC so if anyone is over my way that would be great to sit down and enjoy the pipe together.

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. krgulick

krgulick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to all the newest members. I hope to see you here often.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

brainexhaust

Login to Send PM

Hi folks - I found my way here by chance when I did a Google search on a blend. Seems to be a thriving community of pipesters. Though my profile states I smoked my first pipe in 1978 (true), I didn't really get into the hobby in a serious way until 2003. I live in western NC with my wife and two teenage sons. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge of pipes and tobaccos, making new friends and contributing where I can.
    -chris

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. withnail

withnail

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Greetings All,

Another new member of the forum here - from the U.K. I smoked a pipe on and off for a long time over the years, but drifted away from them about 10 years ago. A couple of months ago, I had an urge to try pipe smoking once again. The big difference this time around is the easy access to a massive amount of information thanks to the internet. I discovered what I had been doing wrong and what had been spoiling my enjoyment. The other big advantage of the internet (other than finding a friendly community on this forum) is the availability of good and varied tobacco. I'm not saying that all over the counter blends from non-tobacconists are bad, some I still really enjoy, but I like variation.

My rather limited collection of pipes so far include a couple of E.A. Carey "Magic Inch", an unbranded second and a MM Corn Cob. I'm hoping Christmas will bring me a Peterson I have had my eye on as well as a Northern Briar! AS for tobacco, I am really enjoying Peterson University Flake, Dunhill Flake and Gawith Hoggarth English Mixture.

Albert Einstein said "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs"
    Posted 3 years ago #
  18. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

I'm located in Monroe, NC so if anyone is over my way that would be great to sit down and enjoy the pipe together.

Do you ever go to McCranies in Charlotte?

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Hi folks - I found my way here by chance when I did a Google search on a blend. Seems to be a thriving community of pipesters. Though my profile states I smoked my first pipe in 1978 (true), I didn't really get into the hobby in a serious way until 2003. I live in western NC with my wife and two teenage sons. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge of pipes and tobaccos, making new friends and contributing where I can.
    -chris

Chris: Do you live near WCU? Welcome to the forum

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. subperceptual

subperceptual

Login to Send PM

Hey all! I'm just me.

36yo, married 8 years, I have more than three and less than five children. I've been known to fondle the tobacco of strangers, use the most aromatic blends I have in cramped quarters, and occasionally wash it all back with a spectacular seasonal ale from whichever micro-brew has grabbed my attention at the time. I make things. I break other things. I have been accused of having a fetish for automotive technology, wizardly like talent with many things tech, and an ego slightly smaller than the city I live in.

All in all - I'm just me, and I am glad to have found a spot where folks can appreciate that :o)

Sow Well. Sow Often.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  21. rd02sir

CanAsianPiper

Login to Send PM

Hey folks,

Name is Andrew from Ottawa Canada. I guess you could call me a younger pipe smoker, at the tender age of 25 lol. And since i'm asian (chineese) the whole pipe smoking thing doesn't suite my "look" sorta speak. Since I was a kid, I would get a whiff of tobacco pipe once in a blue moon and loved the sweet candy like smell to them. After years and years of never thinking twice about it, i decided to get a pipe and tobacco. I started off with a cheap drug store type pipe for $10. After doing much research and more reading, I fell in love with the Brigham pipe system. First off they are Canadian!! Gotta represent canada! haha. Second, their filtering system reall intrigues me.

So I ordered a Brigham Voyager #184 rusticated finish. I LOVE IT!!! Its so much lighter than my POS drug store one. It feels nice, with little tounge bite, and well balanced in the mouth. Only downside was, because i ordered it from another city, I didn't have a chance to look at it with my own eyes and hands. On the bottom outside of the bowl, it looks as if the carver went a little too deep with the rustication and looks like a gouge (i know it's a rough finish). Anyways, after my first smoke with the Brigham I want another!!! When i ran a pipe cleaner through, it came out blue!?! That can't be right! Maybe it has something to do with the breaking in precess??

I havent seen too many Brigham pipe on this site. Is it because they were only sold in Canada and no one in the States has owned or used one??

Anyways, enough of me rambling.

Posted 3 years ago #
  22. throwryuken

throwryuken

Login to Send PM

Greetings from tobacco challenged Utah

Im 28 years old (29 in december). Im an identicle triplet, two of us enjoy smoke pipe, actively trying to convert our clone. Recently moved to Utah from Hawaii. I've been smoking pipe for a few years now and have loved the journey so far. Grew up in california and spent a few years in England. Always looking forward to meeting new people and sharing stories, tips, insight ect..... I play the video game street fighter competitively. I would like to get into making my own pipes at some point.

Currently smoking a peterson. Current favorite tobacco is Christmas cheer.

Posted 3 years ago #
  23. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum guys.

Posted 3 years ago #
  24. asphotographics

asphotographics

Login to Send PM

Howdy! (That’s how we say hello in Calgary.)

Haven’t been smoking too long but have been getting great info from the forums here and love the articles. Mods and old timers seem to be very helpful. It’s appreciated.

It’s too early to say what my favourite pipe is yet. I’m sampling different shapes and styles. Just got a new Brigham Chinook and a new Stanwell HCA VI in the post today. Have a few other churchwardens as well. My Polish mother in law recently sent me a Mr. Brog and some Poniatowski tobacco from Poland. I have a meerschaum and a calabash on order. I’d love to get some artisanal pipes at some point. I’m lusting over a bamboo stemmed beauty over at Smoking pipes. So many pipes, so little time.

Here’s to a great adventure. Cheers.

Posted 3 years ago #
  25. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

PAD ALERT!

Welcome Asphotographics!
    Sounds like you are well on your way.
    Glad to have you aboard.

Posted 3 years ago #
  26. macnutz

macnutz

Login to Send PM

Greets Pipers. Thomas here. I discovered the joys of pipe smoking only a few months ago and I'm most glad that I have. I quit the cigs when I got my first pipe and do not miss them at all. Being a nic addict I do smoke strong tobacco in spite of being a beginner. Having so much information on the net has made the transition easier than I expected.
    I'm more into the tobacco than the pipes. Will probably never be a collector. A couple of Petersons and my cobs keep me happy as long as I have good stuff to put in them. SG's 1792 Flake and their Brown Rope No. 4 are my current favourites although I also love the English blends with lots of Syrian Latakia.
    Hail from Vancouver on the west Coast of Canada, land of absurd taxes.

Posted 3 years ago #
  27. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome Thomas, and post up some pics of that beautiful part of the world you live in for us.

Posted 3 years ago #
  28. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone. Been reading this forum for a bit now and figured I may as well just sign up.

I've been smoking from the pipe for about half a year now. First picked it up as a sub for cigarettes this past season in Alaska and have just stuck with it. I smoke mostly English blends but I do also enjoy sweet Virginias as well. Here in the Buffalo, NY area I am a carpenter and during the summer months I am a fly fishing guide in Alaska.

So hello everyone. I look forward to our future conversations.

Tony

Posted 3 years ago #
  29. daveman

daveman

Login to Send PM

Hi Ya'll, I'm Dave. Currently live in Ocala, FL and work as a US Navy Recruiter.

Been smoking the briar off and on since '96, took it up full time a few months ago.

Looking forward to conversing with all ya'll on here.

If it's an electrical problem, it must have been made by Lucas.

"As long as it's still leaking oil, you know there is oil in it. It's when it doesn't leak, that's when you have to worry."-Anonymous Jaguar Engineer.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  30. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome Dave to the forum...what car is that in your avatar?

Posted 3 years ago #
  31. daveman

daveman

Login to Send PM

Thats a 1988 Jaguar XJ-S V12

Posted 3 years ago #
  32. jacobite

jacobite

Login to Send PM

Howdy all,

I'm James, unfortunately from Washington State.

I think I first smoked a pipe when I was around 6 or 7 when I sneaked a bowl of my Dad's cherry-something-or-other out of his Grabow or whatever it was. But I started regularly about 8 years ago, when I traded in my cigs for a pipe. I mostly love VAs and variations on the theme, but enjoy a good English now and then, too, especially around autumn (like now).

Looks like a good forum, and glad to be here.

Posted 3 years ago #
  33. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A BIG welcome to the new members.

U.S.M.C. (SEMPER FI)
    Posted 3 years ago #
  34. bagpiper1

bagpiper1

Login to Send PM

Hello to all, yes, I am a bagpiper and now a pipe smoker too! My first pipe is a Dr Gawbow Omega with Black cherry tabacco. It reminds me of my grandfather from Mayo, Ireland. I was outside relaxing on my patio chair next to my chimanea which also burning a nice fire. I watched a video of Herr Frank as far as packing the tabacco and I did not have any major problems at all. A nice light, a smooth long smoke and overall a relaxing and memorable experience...it's that what it's all about?

Glad to join you all,

Cheers!

~Michael

Posted 3 years ago #
  35. deleon

deleon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone, my name is David, I came across pipemagazine.com by doing some online research on pipes, tobacco, cleaning, etc. I've only been smoking pipes for a few months but I've learned how to refurbish my estate pipes I've bought and so far and I've gotten really good. Already doing it as a side job for some local friends here. Still though I joined pipesmagzine.com to learn more and meet new people and share ideas on everything related to tobacco and pipes!

Posted 3 years ago #
  36. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

welcome Michael and David to the forum.

Posted 3 years ago #
  37. chromenut

chromenut

Login to Send PM

Hi there, name's Robin, go by Chromenut on most forums (long story), pretty new to pipes, converting over from Cigarettes. PAD has gone insane, I've now got 42 pipes, three humidors, 6 multi-pipe stands, etc. TAD is just kicking in now, looking for real nice aro's. Still trying to determine my favorite pipe and tobacco.

Anyway, just turned 50 on Monday, AARP and the d&*(^%^ Scooter store won't stop sending me emails, but still having fun.

Quick glance at the insane volume of pipes I've purchased in less than 30 days (that humidor is 8" deep and over-running with pipes):

And some of the other insanity (that lighter is 28" tall!):

Posted 3 years ago #
  38. organizedmadman

organizedmadman

Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone,
    Name's Darrell, and I'll admit first off that I'm a huge newbie to pipe smoking, never smoked before but always wanted to try the pipe as a way to relax.
    I'm 28 years old, and live in a city of a major tobacco producing state, Louisville Kentucky.

Did some research and I've started off with an estate pipe, and a tin of Mac Baren Vanilla Creme Flake, (mistake or good move?)
    I'm excited to learn everything there is to know about pipes and pipe tobacco! I also collect fountain pens, so pipes seemed like a natural progression.

My current PAD goal:
    Savinelli 320
    Butz Choquin Petite Dublin Churchwarden
    Posted 3 years ago #
  39. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

welcome Robin and Darrell. thanks for the pics...awesome way to start out.

Posted 3 years ago #
  40. krgulick

krgulick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the newest members. It is great to see the numbers go up.

Posted 3 years ago #
  41. tabriar

TAB

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone. Some of you may know me as TAB over on another forum. This place requires 4+ characters, so I had to get a little creative.

I met Kevin at the Chicago show this year; we sat at the same table during the banquet, Kevin. I'm sure you met too many people to remember, but I was the "younger" guy there with his gf. I think the other couples at the table were quite my senior (not that it matters, just trying to jog your memory). Just now getting around to signing up.

I've been smoking a pipe for several years now -- a little weird to be saying that. I guess it's been about nine years now...can't really remember for sure. Seems like just yesterday, and I still consider myself a student and newbie, although I have too many pipes and too much tobacco. Well, the latter is probably a slight exaggeration, but the former is most certainly true. Perhaps I'll be able to offer some of them on here once I get my post count to 50 or whatnot.

There is a lot of information on this website and the forum. -- almost overwhelming!! I can't believe I had not heard of this place until I met Kevin, but I don't spend as much time searching the internet for pipe information as I used to (don't really have the time).

Not to digress, but Darrell, I am originally from KY; the western region which used to be where most the tobacco was grown. KY tobacco cultivation is a shadow of its former self. The anti's will tell us this is a good thing, but the changes hit many of those farming families hard. Corn and soybeans don't pull in the money like good KY fire-cured or Green River Burley used to. On the up-side, some came out okay. My gf's dad was a tobacco farmer, and he got a nice, new, big barn from the tobacco settlement/buy-out or whatever they call it. Grows corn now.

I've rambled enough. Some of my favorite pipe makers are Ruthenberg, Rad Davis, Mark Tinksy, Jimmy Craig (current production Ashtons), and Claudio Cavicchi.

Posted 3 years ago #
  42. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

Welcome TAB! Glad to have you join in the pipe smoking community here, and looking forward to many informative posts.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 3 years ago #
  43. 404papa

404papa

Login to Send PM

Hi guys. I inherited some old pipes from my dad and grandfather and figured I would try and master this pipe smoking thing. We it is more fun than I thought it would be and has proven to be more difficult than I anticipated. Anyways I am here to glean your knowledge.
    404papa

Posted 3 years ago #
  44. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome Chromenut, Darrell, and 404papa!

Glad to see you all here.

Don't be shy now. Start posting away on all things new an old. Looking forward to the posts!

Cheers.

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 3 years ago #
  45. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

I'm a horrible member. Straight-up horrible. I haven't posted in this thread in a long time, so I'm gonna go lame and welcome all the new members that introduced themselves before this page, and welcome: Chromenut, tabriar, Darrell, & 404papa to our forums.

Let me impart a little forum wisdom to all new members, we are a pretty easy-going crowd here and we've grown accustomed to each other, so if we seem a bit stuffy, please forgive us. Think of it kinda like those old guys you see at the mall early in the morning laughing and carrying on with each other. We are not an exclusive club and you can sit with us at our table, just don't knock over our coffee and pipes.

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 3 years ago #
  46. tabriar

TAB

Login to Send PM

"Think of it kinda like those old guys you see at the mall early in the morning laughing and carrying on with each other."

Do you guys also power-walk around the mall in sparkling, solid-white walking shoes?

Posted 3 years ago #
  47. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Do you guys also power-walk around the mall in sparkling, solid-white walking shoes?

Mmmmmm... Could be.....

Posted 3 years ago #
  48. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just a quick note to welcome our newest members. My apologies for not checking this thread in a while and letting you all slip in under the radar so to speak. I hope you all enjoy your time here.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 3 years ago #
  49. souljah06

souljah06

Login to Send PM

Hey everybody! I just got into pipe smoking about a week or so ago. I live in the Portland, Or area and found a local tobacconist and bought a briar no-name pipe and some pipe tobacco. Only successfully smoked a few times, but I love it! Glad to have a forum where I can actually find some good help with all of this.

Posted 3 years ago #
  50. mogburner

mogburner

Login to Send PM

Hi guys (and gals maybe, I've known a couple of pipe-smoking fillies!) great to stumble upon this community. I've been smoking pipes for close on 50 years. Presently puffing on the trusty Stanwell HC Andersen loaded with Condor Original. I'm from Warwick (that's pronounced 'Worrick' here in the UK. Look forward to participating.
    Colin.

Posted 3 years ago #
  51. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

welcome to the forum guys.

Posted 3 years ago #
  52. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard guys, we're glad to have you her. Enjoy your time with us!

Posted 3 years ago #
  53. deleon

deleon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome everyone from a new member also! Glad to see this site is growing.

Posted 3 years ago #
  54. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

Welcome souljah06, mogburner and deleon! Feel free to post up any pics you've got of your pipe collections (no matter how small). As you'll find out from hobie, we LOVE pics!

-Jason

Posted 3 years ago #
  55. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I think our new forum layout will help me remember to come in to this thread and give a big HELLO to all of the newer members ! Welcome aboard and don't hesitate to jump in.

Posted 3 years ago #
  56. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard, Deleon!

Posted 3 years ago #
  57. User has not uploaded an avatar

artist

Login to Send PM

HI ... online name "artist" because I am ... also old(ish) pipe smoker. I'm looking to sell a pipe (Barlings) but need info .. if anyone out there can help me out. I'd add a picture if I could figure out how. David (real name)

Posted 3 years ago #
  58. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard!

Posted 3 years ago #
  59. mcarnevale

mcarnevale

Login to Send PM

Hello...Mike here. New to the Hobby, about a month now. Got a couple of Petersons and a cheap "Carey" for work, knocking around. Still looking for my favorite tobacco.

Posted 3 years ago #
  60. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard, Mike. I hope you enjoy your time here. It looks like you have gotten off to a good start. There is a lot of info on various blends that can be gleaned from reading posts in the Tobacco Reviews Sub-forum, and plenty of nice folk here to help you along the way. If you have a question, just ask away.

Posted 3 years ago #
  61. tkdlaxer

tkdlaxer

Login to Send PM

Figure I should introduce myself,

I was first introduced to this site by a professor at my university who also works as the local tobacconist, he apparently did some sort of article or survey concerning this website last year.

I'm a senior in at Wilkes University, I'm majoring in history, and hopefully will be teaching in a few years. I was turned onto pipe smoking by a fellow history major and dear friend, and I've really enjoyed it since. I find this to be a really relaxing and enjoyable way to spend and hour or so; and really enjoy the social conversation it lends itself to among friends. I'm also into a number of other hobbies. I've been a martial artist since I was 7 and have earned my 2nd degree black belt in tae-kwon-do. I also really enjoy to kayak, camp, and do general things out of doors. I'm also quite a nerd, I love video games, and even pen and paper table top RPGs, I am also very into modern yoyoing.

Well I guess that's me in a nutshell, I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here.

Posted 3 years ago #
  62. ricarsi

ricarsi

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone, joined to learn more about pipes and pipe tobacco, also would like information about good pipe stores in TX. Ft Worth and Dallas area.

Posted 3 years ago #
  63. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmurdorf

Login to Send PM

Hello all, my names is Brandon, I'm 21 and reside in a small town in Northern Maryland, Joined to learn more about pipe smoking and tobacco's! my dad and granddad, and great granddad are pipe smokers, I love the hobbie so much. anyone else from Maryland? cheers, Brandon

Posted 3 years ago #
  64. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

welcome guys to the forum

Posted 3 years ago #
  65. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

Welcome, David, Mike, tkdlaxer, ricarsi and Brandon to the forums! Jump right in and ask us any questions you might have. We're here to help each other, so don't be shy!

-Jason

Posted 3 years ago #
  66. User has not uploaded an avatar

tinmanfromjbb

Login to Send PM

Hello all! My name is Lance and until this evening I really only had past memories of my grandfather smoking an old drug store pipe at nights, and my turns in a not so savory place in Istanbul during R-n-R...
    I purchased I really nice, asthetically pleasing, pipe from the tinder box. It was normally a little bit pricier but had a few cosmetic defects. After much consideration and staring at it I loaded a very nice cavendish blend and puffed away on a bowl this evening in the rain. I was immediately grateful for having purchased this little pipe.
    I hope this will be the first of many great experiences....

Posted 3 years ago #
  67. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard guys! It's good to have you all here! Ricarsi, if you are looking for B&M info you might try looking here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/forum/pipe-tobacconists-brick-mortar-and-internet-retailers If you don't find what you're looking for there, you can always post a question about it, and I'm sure someone in that area can help you. Looking forward to all you guys posting. Happy puffing!

Posted 3 years ago #
  68. User has not uploaded an avatar

hogwild

Login to Send PM

Hello Folks; my name is Greg, I live in Stockbridge, Ga. Been a pipe smoker for around 40yrs. Found this site in a link from another pipe forum. Looked around and looks like a friendly place. Have lots of interests including Harleys, an old muscle car Chevelle SS, hunting, knife trading........

I'm sure I'll check in frequently. I have a preference for Vapers, old Alphas, and bent stem cobs. Later

Posted 3 years ago #
  69. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard, Greg. Nice to see fellow Georgian on the forum! Enjoy your time here!

Posted 3 years ago #
  70. danno

danno

Login to Send PM

Hi folks.
    I'm not very good with computers, or knowing how to navigate these forums, so please bear with me as I get my bearings.
    Long time cigar smoker who decided to try a pipe a few years ago. Bought some pipes and tobacco a few years ago, and on the shelf they sat. Recently picked them up again, and this time it stuck. Still love my cigars, but the pipe is very nice, consistent, and more economical....I think

I am a single dad. Have a very bright and lovable boy.
    I work in the engineering field.
    Went to college on an Art Scholarship.
    Am quite a good Italian Cook.
    Audiophile
    Not much into sports as my upbringing was more art and music.
    My dad played jazz drums in a very famous big band, so I grew up immersed in music.

Eventually, I'll figure ouy how to reply to messages, friend requests, etc. Until then, thanks for having me, and I wish you all well.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will go through life thinking it is stupid.
    Posted 3 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   xrundog, daveinlax, robin, brassonly, nurseman, tennsmoker, modtad, freakiefrog, jorgesoler, catyrpelius, daimyo, rwp318, boilermakerandy, landon, shelbyred94, rsuninv, anthonyrosenthal74, mustanggt, briarfriar, ivapewithfire, hierophant, jiminks