[sticky]

New Members, Introduce Yourself!

(1706 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Lawrence
  • Latest reply from papipeguy
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hamelinpiper

Login to Send PM

Hello I'm Bryan from Cave Creek, Arizona. I purchased my first pipe on my last birthday, didn't put the time into it right away with school and work. I have read articles and information posted here for the last few months. Recently I have been smoking my pipes everyday and have found great enjoyment and relaxation out of it.
    I hope to add to my pipe/tobacco collection and continue my new hobby from here on out.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard all the new members, enjoy

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. rx2man

rx2man

Login to Send PM

Hello, 41 yrs old living in N. Phoenix. Started smoking "good" cigars this last X mas. Decided to try pipes this last week with some cheapie cobs and a "English Sampler" from P&C. All 5 of the sampler tobacco was tasty. Further research is needed to see if the is a preference!!!! Just stopped by to say hello.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone, just started to get back into my pipes after a ten year break. Mostly smoking cigars and cigarettes in that time. I am 54 and living in Sarasota FL. I have 4 kids and 2 dogs and lots of free time to read my books, smoke my pipes and chill in the sun. I have a lot of aged tobacco because I went nuts back in 02 and didn't smoke a lot of it. My tastes have changed from mostly english to mostly va flakes and vapers. My pipe collection was mostly sold off years ago and I only kept around 15. Having the OBD ( obsessive buying disorder) I am sure I will be stocking back up again. Looking forward to interacting and getting to know some of you folks.

Harris
    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. williamtheworldeater

williamtheworldeater

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone!
    Im from Rochester, NY and Ive been smoking pipe on and off for several years, but have jumped in seriously in the past few months as a means of kicking a pernacious cig habit, which I think I can officially say I have actually accomplished the feat. Currently, Im a cannoneer assigned to the 5th Field Artillery Regiment, stationed at Fort Sill, OK. Ill be at the end of my term of service in a couple of weeks and Im super excited about finally being able to head back to Rochester for good!!! Quite a LONG time coming! Happy to be part of the community, Cheers!

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

motrix

Login to Send PM

Greetings everyone, just signed up. I am from the San Francisco Bay Area Ca and I have been smoking cigarettes on and off for about 20 years and smoke cigars occasionally. I recently decided to quit smoking cigarettes 1 month ago and wanted to still be able to relax once in awhile, some alone time so last week I picked up my first pipe, a Stanwell Zebrano sandblasted 40 and an aromatic blend from a local B&M. I went in thinking I was going to pick up a Savinelli but this one just spoke to me. I enjoyed my first few bowls and over the long weekend put in an order for a Peterson system 302, Savinelli Leonardo rusticated self portrait, and another Peterson Killarney 999 as well as multiple tins. Can't wait for them to arrive but for now will enjoy what I have and absorb as much as I can from here.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

motrix

Login to Send PM

Greetings everyone, just signed up. I am from the San Francisco Bay Area Ca and I have been smoking cigarettes on and off for about 20 years and smoke cigars occasionally. I recently decided to quit smoking cigarettes 1 month ago and wanted to still be able to relax once in awhile, some alone time so last week I picked up my first pipe, a Stanwell Zebrano sandblasted 40 and an aromatic blend from a local B&M. I went in thinking I was going to pick up a Savinelli but this one just spoke to me. I enjoyed my first few bowls and over the long weekend put in an order for a Peterson system 302, Savinelli Leonardo rusticated self portrait, and another Peterson Killarney 999 as well as multiple tins. Can't wait for them to arrive but for now will enjoy what I have and absorb as much as I can from here.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

sabertooth

Login to Send PM

Hey guys. I'm a 20 year old from New Brunswick, Canada. I've been smoking cigs since I was 17 years old, and recently kicked the habit all together. I've recently smoked mini cigars most weekends with friends, but start to grow tired of it. Theres something about pipes that interest me. I've bought a Brigham pipe (#184) not long ago for $40 and enjoying my first real tobacco " Mac Baren Vanilla Cream"

Like I said something(s) draws me toward this hobbies. Theres something about the pipes themselves that feel like works of art. Something that cigs and cigars can never have.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. davidg

davidg

Login to Send PM

Hi,

My interest in pipe smoking has been rekindled after losing a old "Don-Lou".
    Is anyone familiar with the "Don-Lou" line of pipes? They were hand made made in Brooklyn, (Bath Beach) back in the 60's and 70's.
    I'm almost overwhelmed with the wide variety of pipes now available. I'm thinking of buying a Savinelli 320 ex.

Looking forward to sharing this art with all of you.
    Thanks, David

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hello to you all, been lurking around a while. Love the discussion here, decided to sign up. I am 41, married, no kids. I have been smoking cigars since I was a teen(more or less) and picked up an Kaywoodie estate pipe for smoking the cigar nubs about a year ago. That didn't work out to my liking and I became more intriuged with pipes. I now have 15 estate pipes that I have cleaned up or have lightly restored. Most are briar pipes, but have one meer pipe I picked up a few weeks ago(have not smoked yet). I alternate between cigars and pipes.

Glad to be here.

-Jason

Jason
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. mluyckx

Belgian Mick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome all new members....

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. mrmccarthy

mrmccarthy

Login to Send PM

Hello Gentlemen,
    My name is Augustus McCarthy and I am of the younger generation of pipe smokers being only 18. I live in Sacramento and attend Sacramento State, plan to major in history with an emphasis on military history.

I currently only own one churchwarden but plan on ordering a new pipe soon after i look around some more.

I joined this site because i find pipe smokers to be the best company even if its via the internet.

Cheers!
    -MrMcCarthy

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

ckquatt

Login to Send PM

Hey guys!!! New member here! I've been smoking a pipe as more of a hobby (every now and then)for about 3 years now. I recently got married and my wife has begged me to stop smoking cigs and go to my pipes and cigars full time. She even lets me smoke them in the house (not the cigs!) I look forward to learning more and more as I prowl the forum. I am a voracious reader and I am from the forum mantra of "read more, post less".

I have a few pipes I would like to share with you guys here in the next few days. One especially that my wife bought me last year that is at least over 100 years old. I've been trying to find out more about it but it's been slow going.

Anyway it's a pleasure to meet you guys and hope to learn a lot while I'm here!!

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. deadwoodpete

deadwoodpete

Login to Send PM

Howdy all. Greetings from wild and wonderful West (by God) Verginny.

I lurked for a while to get to know a few of the posters here, and decided it was about time to come out of hiding and join in with my fellow pipe enthusiasts.

I'm an aspiring Speculative Fiction writer, although I have done a few short stories and provided a bit of web content, as well as an all around joker when the mood takes me.

I've smoked a pipe off and on since the 70s, and I do believe I'm back to a pipe for good.

BTW: Yes, that is me in the pic. Yes, my hair is actually that long. No, I'm not balding; I just like the hat. No, that isn't a fancy straight jacket, (although my wife says I need one), it is a western vest. And YES, I am very happy to make your acquaintance.

Now that you all know I really am off my rocker, I hope to get to know as many of you as I can better.

Have a good one, Gang.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. deadwoodpete

deadwoodpete

Login to Send PM

Okee Dokee. I've no idea why my avatar isn't showing up on the forums, or where the edit link went to, but there you go. Now, I'm beginning to wonder what the wife may have spiked my Cavendish with?!! o_O

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

carenvisa

Login to Send PM

Hi all:

I'm from Veracruz, Mexico, but now I work in the capital. I began formally with the pipe in the 90's, when I could enjoy long periods of smoking without using so many matches. Before I left a trail of matches on the road for each pipe (so to speak).

I smoke almost everything, especially Virginias, virginia + perique, virginia + Latakia.

I like all the pipes, the meerschaum however I like and use most often.

So friends, I am pleased to be here with you.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. kabong30

kabong30

Login to Send PM

Hello new friends! I have had a pipe for a couple of years that I only smoked VERY rarely and I've decided that in order to give up cigarettes and give myself another hobby to obsess over I'll really get into pipe smoking. I enjoy it very much and I am also extremely enamored of pipes in general as just the coolest personal accessory that a guy can carry. I live out in the boonies outside of DFW on a couple acres of dirt with my wonderful wife and our 2 awesome kids. I'm also a new member over at the Tamp and Puff forum under the same handle. Looking forward to talking to all of you!

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. User has not uploaded an avatar

habby

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone, my name is Mimmo Provenzano and I come from Italy.
    I am a pipemakers and I found your blog by a man known
    Facebook.
    My work is shown here:[/url]
    [url=https://www.facebook.com/ProvenzanoPipe]

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. User has not uploaded an avatar

rudegger

Login to Send PM

Hello from Canada,I just picked up pipe smoking a month ago, I quite smoking cigarettes 3 years ago and now that I've picked up a pipe its a sin they even call cigarettes tobacco, I've had the good fortune to have tried many different blends already, but I'm still for searching for my favorites, although Brighams Solitude is outstanding! I look forward from benifiting from the wealth of knowledge on this site.

Cheers!

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. dazab

dazab

Login to Send PM

Hi, I'm from Italy, Roma. Enjoy your pipe!

in medio stat virtus
    Posted 2 years ago #
  21. garageb08

garageb08

Login to Send PM

Hi all just started up a day ago or so. Have been welcomed by a bunch already. Can't wait to absorb y'alls pipe knowledge for myself. Just started to collect over a year ago. Up to 150 pipes give or take. Probably just a drop in the bucket to most of you. I love the hunt...looking for the those rare estate pipes hiding in junk stores, flee markets, estate sales, and Peddlers Malls. Just getting into restoration and learning from others the best ways. I smoke occasionally, don't have a favorite yet. Someday. Did the Chicago Pipe show first time this year. Only word....WOW!

There and back again...
    Posted 2 years ago #
  22. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Hello all, Im Phil from Ga.

I am an ex cigarette smoker, quit 10 years ago and glad I did. My grandfather and father were pipe smokers of corn cobb pipes.
    They were the type that once lit they lever took it out of there mouths.
    I tryed smoking a pipe a couple of times when I smoked cigarettes but it just didnt jive with me at all. I work with a man thats big into cigars. Cant smoke at work but he is allways looking at them and buying them off the internet.
    About 2 months ago I found myself thinking about and wanting to smake a cigar so he gave ne a few. I smoked them and liked them but after about a month or so I was realizing that the cost of those cigars were really adding up dallars wise.
    I was spending way to much money on those 6/8/10/12 dollar cigars. The last time I walked into a cigar shop to buy cigars (about a month ago) I seen some corn cob pipes kind of hidden behind the counter. Well I thought I will try that and see what happens.
    I am amazed how much I like it and how much better it tastes than cigars.
    It took me several tries to find a tobacco that I really like but I know there is even beter out there and looking forward to trying more and more.
    I have now ordered 2 from Boswells and 2 from Blakermar and cant wait to get them.

I have lots of questions but will start asking another time.

Posted 2 years ago #
  23. mrgunnar177

mrgunnar177

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hello I'm Gunnar, live in eastern WA, I just graduated highschool, Iv enlisted in the Marine Corps, I ship in November, I enjoy pipes and tobacco and I also love fishing and hunting and camping, I also fly radio control airplanes. Have a couple pipes, two Peterson's and Peter Kent a vienni, been smoking mostly aeros however iv started branching out into English's.

Cheers

Gunnar
    ( check out my pipe smoking channel on youtube)
    MrGunnar177

You can buy education, but wisdom is a gift from God.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  24. mrgunnar177

mrgunnar177

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

enjoying my knock around peter kent pipe down by the river

cheers
    Gunnar

Posted 2 years ago #
  25. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice!

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 2 years ago #
  26. mrgunnar177

mrgunnar177

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 2 years ago #
  27. User has not uploaded an avatar

ivorhughjarse

Login to Send PM

Hi there from 50 yr old from Barnsley, South Yorkshire UK....I smoked a pipe in college years ago then never bothered again until I bought a pipe about a year ago and turned green with the first pipe full , but i persevered until someone told be about Kendal American Cherry Vanilla and since then i'm hooked.

I ordered a New(old stock)French Ropp cherrywood pipe which looks like a tree branch and my wife is dreading it turning up in the post as she says that i'll look a fool. When i walk the dog she already says i walk far too slow with the pipe but my pipe smoking is all about relaxing. I have several motorcycles and i like to stop at a beautiful setting and spend 35mins with my pipe..i enjoy all of the process from filling to smoking it to packing up to move on. It makes that moment in time far more special for me. If i ride with friends that smoke cigarettes i'm not allowed a smoke break at a casual stop, but i have to wait until a real stop because they know i cannot be rushed with my pipe. I saw this forum i found that i'm not alone...

Posted 2 years ago #
  28. hawk60ce

hawk60ce

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

New member here. Found the site while searching for a devil anse hatfield pipe. Only been smoking a pipe for a month or so. Used to be a big cigar smoker but just got to expensive. Picked up a couple decent estate pipes and haven't been happier.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  29. User has not uploaded an avatar

alvin

Login to Send PM

I'm new to pipesmagazine site and i live in San Francisco, California

Posted 2 years ago #
  30. msandoval858

msandoval858

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone,

New to this forum but not to pipes. I'm from the Austin, TX area. I've been a pipe and cigar smoker since I was old enough to legally buy tobacco. Cigars have always been my first love but I've always enjoyed pipes and have a decent little rotation I've built over the years with a few Dunhills, Castellos, Ferndown, etc.

They have been sitting unsmoked for some time so I finally got the bug to clean them all up and going on a tobacco buying rampage a few months ago. I've enjoying them more than I ever have before! I've since added a few more pipes and have no intention of ever putting them down again.

Looking forward to learning some new things and meeting new people here. Seems a lot of tobaccos have come and gone since I was last seriously smoking pipes.

Mike
    Posted 2 years ago #
  31. User has not uploaded an avatar

ivoup

Login to Send PM

Hell everyone

I'm Ivo Willemsen, 33, born on the 1st of october 1978. I live in the Netherlands close to the german border.

I see myself as a beginner pipesmoking and start to buy the first pipe 2 years ago
    Maybe you ask why ivoup as nickname. I'm a huge railfanning person and my favorite railroad is the Union Pacific in the USA.
    Been 2 times in the USA in 2007 and 2011. A friend has invited me to come to the USA. We have become good friends better and better.

Like most of the time stronger tobacco but also fruity tobacco at times. My first pipe was a classic pipe with a little bend in the stem.
    Other hobbies are listen to the better country music. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, John Denver. Also animals are a big part in my life
    I hope to introduce myself a bit and will say to the members of this forum who invite as friend Thank you.

My regards

Ivo

Posted 2 years ago #
  32. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey all,

My name is Chris. I signed up for the forums this evening after recently getting back into pipe smoking. I was(still am) a novice years ago, smoking drug store aromatics in your typical drugstore pipe. I have recently invested in a couple of Pete pipes which I am awaiting to arrive, and have been exploring some more noteworthy tobaccos.

I cant remember the google search I did that brought me here, but thus far I have found some very useful information on a number of topics. Thanks and nice meeting you all.

Posted 2 years ago #
  33. seanavan

seanavan

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone. I've come across this site several times in the past but finally spent some time looking around today and decided to join. I bought my first pipe, a Dr. Grabow which I still have, in February 1995 and am still at it. My smoking time is fairly split between pipes and cigars depending on mood, situation, etc. I have somewhere between 15 and 20 pipes, many of which are Petersons with a few Boswells as well. All are bent to varying degrees. As for tobacco, I prefer English due to taste but will sometimes smoke a 'mild English' blend that is somewhat aromatic if in very public areas. It tends to get a very positive reception.

Since this is an intro, I'm 38 as of this writing, live in the Pacific Northwest, typically described as a bear, and work in forestry. Most days are spent in front of a computer now and I miss smoking my pipes in the woods while working. Hobbies include woodworking, riding (06 Road King Classic and '97 Shadow ACE), hiking, camping, basketball, running, reading, gardening, and amusing my dogs. I have an SO who likes the smell of my pipes but prefers that they are 'exercised' in the garage or outside. Favorite accompaniment to a good pipe include scotch, dark beer (Deschutes Black Butte Porter), and Jack&Coke.

Posted 2 years ago #
  34. User has not uploaded an avatar

steve

Login to Send PM

Hello all

I'm Steve, I'm 21 and from the UK. I started smoking a pipe a couple of years ago but didn't get on very well (horrendous tongue bite) and I gave up on it quite quickly. My interest in the pipe was renewed around three months ago as I found some of my pipes in a drawer at home. I started browsing some pipe forums for some advice and quickly discovered that the failure of my previous attempt at pipe smoking was probably down to my basket pipe (that I didn't break in properly), my tobacco choice (I cringe now, but it was Borkum Riff Whiskey!) and my lack of patience and understanding. I decided that this time, I would make a proper attempt at it. I bought a few new pipes and bought some better quality tobacco and found that I was starting to enjoy it, especially after working on my packing and smoking technique. I struggle with smoking too fast, largely because I also smoke cigarettes. I also quickly discovered that I liked a less aromatic style of tobacco. TAD set in and I ordered quite alot of new blends to try, so much so that I am still working through them. I particularly enjoy english and balkan blends, and my current go to tobacco is Dunhill Nightcap.

So I'm here now, after browsing and lurking on this forum for over a month, I have decided to take the plunge and register as a member. I look forward to speaking to you all and getting to know you!

Posted 2 years ago #
  35. User has not uploaded an avatar

cctabla

Login to Send PM

Hi. My Uncle introduced me to the pipe and since then I have got the PAD and and the TAD. I have been smoking for about a year and a half and it has been a pleasure.

cctabla

Posted 2 years ago #
  36. pipedreams101

pipedreams101

Login to Send PM

Hey guys and dolls, greetings from beckley wv! joined the site just for the pipe talk, i believe im the only one in my neck of the woods smoking a pipe. its nice to have a place and people to discuss pipe smoking and related topics. hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few: My pipe of briar, my open fire, a book that is not too new.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  37. User has not uploaded an avatar

thepassenger

Login to Send PM

hi i'm Kostas from k.achaia (hellas) i like tabacco and pipe smoking ,i started with cigarettes and then love the pipe smoking,i have 1 zanotti pipe and some greek made, my tabacco choice is Borkum Riff mixture ,captain black and w.o. larsen.my nickname is because i'm a truck driver and by the way i have the opportunity to smoke some blends around europe,and find some really nice guys to help me know the art of smoking a pipe and still want to learn more.the pipe smoking is relaxes me.enjoy the weekend.....enjoy your pipes..........

Posted 2 years ago #
  38. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to all you New Members.
    It's great to have new additions to our World Wide Brotherhood of Pipe smokers.
    Brotherhood includes you ladies as well.

Don't be shy. Dive right in.
    We all look forward to reading your question, comments, and seeing your photos.

Posted 2 years ago #
  39. tjameson

tjameson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey fellow BOTB,
    I recently joined this site after searching google about a Meer. Found some cool articles on here and read a bunch of threads in the forum. I belong to another forum more based on cigars and as I don't really smoke cigars this site was much more my speed. I thoroughly enjoy the layout of this site and the fact that besides the forum their are great informative articles and interviews.
    I bought my first pipes at the age of 18 and tried it out because my grandfather and father smoked pipes when I was younger. I left for college and left my pipes in my dresser drawer at my parents...came home and they were missing (mom and stepdad don't smoke). At that point I was a cig smoker anyways. Fast forward to 2009. I joined the other forum out of curiosity and bought a few MM cobs and ordered a sampler from Pipes and Cigars...funny because I grew up in the Albany, NY area, but never visited their shop. Long story short I became an occasional pipe smoker. That year my wife bought me a nice bent apple for Christmas. I now have 4 briars, my original cob, and my newest addition a 40 year old unsmoked billiard meer I picked up for $15 shipped
    3 months ago we found out my wife was pregnant with our first child so we both quit cigs and I didn't smoke anything for a month before picking up my pipes again with new appreciation and a fresh palate. I am 25 and realizing that my pipes are a part of my personality or maybe an accessory to my increasing comfort in my own persona. I smoked my con occasionally when I on campus at Arizona State but not until recently did I break out my pipe in public. I have had nothing but great comments from coworkers and the general public and I live in CA so that was a bit surprising, but I just adds fuel to my firey pipe passion
    I am really looking forward to all this site has to offer and any experience I could possibly add too! See you all in the forums and happy smoking brothers!

BLACKBLOODs for life...just please keep making Black House!
    Posted 2 years ago #
  40. User has not uploaded an avatar

smitty

Login to Send PM

hello every body im new here i have been a pipe smoker a long time just never thought to look online until my b&m closed down

Posted 2 years ago #
  41. User has not uploaded an avatar

gljohanson

Login to Send PM

Hello from Oregon everyone. I'm new to pipe smoking and was referred to this site by customer service at Missouri Meerschaum when I call about my first "Cob" developing a crack. So here I am.

Greg

Posted 2 years ago #
  42. good1

good1

Login to Send PM

Howdy, yes I'm from Texas.
    I started smoking a pipe 32 years ago and for most of that time I've smoked whatever the local pipe shops
    sold. I just gave up cigarettes and went full time pipe. I don't know why but the only 2 pipe shops for 200 miles sell candy (super sticky, flavour soaked, barely burn and all taste the same) tobacco. Smoking it from time to time wasn't to bad but now smoking everyday that stuff had to go. Lucky me, the internet is full of pipe smokers
    that don't mind sharing thier opinions on tobaccos.

Posted 2 years ago #
  43. User has not uploaded an avatar

mudhen

Login to Send PM

[b]Hello all. I am from Kentucky. I am 28 years of age. I enjoy reading fantasy fiction and getting tattoos. I should be the proud owner of a Harley Davidson Super Glide this fall. I am new to pipe smoking. I tried a Dr. Grabow briar about ten years ago but didn't even know to clean the thing. Needless to say, I put the pipe down. I know have an MM Country Gentleman on order. It should be here next week along with a self chosen "sampler" from Boswell's. I look forward to my journey in pipe smoking.

Posted 2 years ago #
  44. User has not uploaded an avatar

1rekamepip

Login to Send PM

Quick Hello from Central Missouri

pipemaker and smoker for 20 years and i am still learning

there appears to be tons of great information here so i am off to check out the past threads

metamorphosed mudstone tobacco pipes
    Posted 2 years ago #
  45. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum everyone.

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe. Nowhere else could things be more messed up.

Does a culture based on separation and competition, of scientific sophistication and mideval religion, offer happiness even as it ravishes the Earth that sustains it?
    Posted 2 years ago #
  46. User has not uploaded an avatar

jwdutch

Login to Send PM

Hey everybody,
    my name is Joe I live in Gods country yes that's Northern Michigan! I am new to pipe smoking but I am really enjoying it. I never knew there was so much to it and I truly am enjoying this new hobby. I currently own a Bjarne, Savinelli, and a George Yale. I have the pleasure of have two local tobacconists and one about an hour away. I go toAsh Tobacco in Gaylord MI to get my tobacco. Pipe smoking is a great way to relax. Still trying to find the perfect tobacco for me but I am afraid I won't ever find it as there is so many options and thus far everything I have tried has been great!

Posted 2 years ago #
  47. flippinbird87

flippinbird87

Login to Send PM

Hello all! Name is Albert and I am from St. Louis, I recently came back to pipe smoking after two years. Before that I had smoked a pipe since 2008. I still am very much a novice in my mind, and hope to learn much more about this wonderful hobby. I got into pipes by my Grandfather who has recently given my his old pipes since his diagnosis of lung cancer (he smoked 2 packs of lucky strikes for 45+ years only to quit when I was born). I found this site via a link to Russ's Articles which I very much enjoy. Hope to chat in the forums, cheers!

Posted 2 years ago #
  48. smeigs

smeigs

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone my name is Chad and im coming to you from ABQ, New Mexico! Just started into the pipe smoking scene a couple months ago. Looking forward to talking with all of you and learning some great information!

“A pipe in the mouth makes it clear that there has been no mistake–you are undoubtedly a man.”
    Posted 2 years ago #
  49. jack87

jack87

Login to Send PM

Hey, I'm jack and I currently live in jax,FL. Im 24 year's old and married to the love of my life. We are currently expecting our first child which is extremely exciting. I am a very new pipe smoker but love it already. It takes be to a time when life seems simpler and allows for totally relaxation. The way i like yo think of it is smoking a cigarette is like a punk song and a pipe is like an opera. I can't wait to learn all i can about the art of pipes!

Posted 2 years ago #
  50. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome all..enjoy

Posted 2 years ago #
  51. sailorsmoke

sailorsmoke

Login to Send PM

I've smoked a pipe on and off for 20 years. It is a hobby handed down from my grandfather before i joined the military. I wait anxiously to hear your feedback about pipe tobacco related purchases to make while living in Italy.

One ship drives east and another drives west, With the self same winds that blow. 'Tis the set of the sails, And Not the gales, That tell us the way to go.
    Like the winds of the sea are the ways of fate; As we voyage along through life, 'Tis the set of a soul That decides its goal, And not the calm or the strife.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  52. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum guys.

Posted 2 years ago #
  53. User has not uploaded an avatar

pipeclubsi

Login to Send PM

Hi everybody,
    I'm from Slovenia, Europe (between Italy and Austria); 42 y. old, electronics technician, working as hearing aids specialist and a branch manager. I love music (specially metal, ethno, reggae), movies, reading, nature. I love Volkswagen cars, arms, chocolate,...
    I started smoking pipe in my late 20s, not being a smoker before. I started with Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish to end up with Old Dublin, Black Mallory and such. I still love W.O. Larsen aromatics. Pipe makes me relax, I just love it, but am not hooked on nicotine. In summer I smoke heavily in cold winter rarely (need a cabin).
    Best regards to all!

Posted 2 years ago #
  54. User has not uploaded an avatar

pelicanvp45

Login to Send PM

Hello all. I enjoy romantic walks on the beach...just kidding! Kirby is the name, call sign is pelicanvp45. Been a pipe smoker since 86. I live and work in the north Texas area. Stumbled on to the site and really enjoy it. I look forward to making new friends and learning things I didn't know.

Posted 2 years ago #
  55. jndyer

jndyer

Login to Send PM

Hello,

My name is Jeremy and I live in Central Oregon. I am relativity new to pipe smoking and have found it a great replacement for a very expensive dipping habit. Currently I love my Lane 1-Q. I have a handful of pipes, but am loving each and everyone, well except for a brylon medico pipe that was my first.

Posted 2 years ago #
  56. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum guys... post up lots of pics for us.

Posted 2 years ago #
  57. wolfeye75

wolfeye75

Login to Send PM

Hello, All. I'm looking forward to good conversation about pipes and tobacco. My father was a pipe smoker, a decent Savinelli bent pipe and usually Carter Hall in it. When I was 18 (19 years ago), I bought a meerschaum pipe with the figure of Bacchus carved on it. Unfortunately, cigarette addiction stole the "joy" of smoking from me - something I'm hoping to recapture. I'm smoking a little North Sea (Tinderbox), but am keeping SWR on hand as I live two hours from a tobacco shop. Some of my other interests are brewing ales and reading, especially in Theology. Looking forward to great talks! - David

Posted 2 years ago #
  58. crk69

crk69

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Howdy gang,
    I'm from the Hill Country of Texas, and enjoy smoking pipes and cigars... Recently started again with pipes, and have 17 in the collection so far. I suffered a loss of my pipes in 2007 with a house fire, and didn't replace them at the time. Recently, I started smoking cigars and pipes again, and to my wife's dismay, I have been collecting both at an alarming rate. Look forward to meeting new friends and sharing posts with other brothers and sister of the leaf....

Proud Member of the BlackBlood Society
    Member NASPC
    Posted 2 years ago #
  59. User has not uploaded an avatar

fluffy

Login to Send PM

i, my nickname in here is Fluffy. (My wife called me that because of the large amounts of lint that use to collect in my belly button. Real name is Jim. I join this forum to see if I could get answers to a couple of questions. I hae tried on a lot of other forums with no results. First, I have over a 100 pipes. I mostly resell them, but a keep a lot of them. I have one pipe called "Old Order 81" which i can find no reference to anywhere. The other has a Peterson logo on the stem and the bowl is covered in a burgandy suede. It is meer lined and has no other markings. Is there anyone that know anything at all about either of these pipes. I hope I can get answers aas i would like to belong to the site.

Posted 2 years ago #
  60. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum guys.

fluffy: Post up some pics of that Peterson in the Pipe Talk section for us.

Posted 2 years ago #
  61. User has not uploaded an avatar

orientalxander

Login to Send PM

Hello all, I'm Xander, from NYC. Been smoking for about 3 years. I don't have all that many pipes to my name, a Savinelli pipe or two and a Peterson. Joined the forum to read member opinions on different types of blends as i am quite new to smoking. Looking forward to reading through all the articles and member posts to further gain some insight and maybe I can finally find that blend I've been looking for through recommendations.

Posted 2 years ago #
  62. charlie46

charlie46

Login to Send PM

I recently found this site and decided to join. I'm an old guy, been smoking pipes since about 1970-1971. I'd hang out at the Edward's Pipe shop in Tampa between classes at USF. Since that time I graduated and eventually was hired as a law enforcement officer with the Florida Game and Fish Commission and retired from it's successor agency a few years ago.
    I still enjoy the pipe and trying new tobaccos but keep coming back to Latakia blends. Still learning about pipes and tobacco recently began reading "The Perfect Smoke" by Fred Hanna.

Posted 2 years ago #
  63. profpar

profpar

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum. Ther is a host of invaluable information to be had. From many folks all gear to share and upi look forward to y'alls input as well.

Posted 2 years ago #
  64. profpar

profpar

Login to Send PM

@charlie46

I find myself zeroing in on Latakia blends as well

Posted 2 years ago #
  65. tre123

tre123

Login to Send PM

Hello all. I'm brand new to the hobby. Enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Posted 2 years ago #
  66. profpar

profpar

Login to Send PM

Welcome tre123

Posted 2 years ago #
  67. profpar

profpar

Login to Send PM

Howdy buyecigs and welcome to the forum

Posted 2 years ago #
  68. User has not uploaded an avatar

mslyn58

Login to Send PM

Hi, I'm Leigh and have not actually smoked a pipe yet. I am interested and plan to try it soon, and just interested in general since I have a friend who smokes pipes and my daughter has enjoyed it also. Plus I like the smell. I am 53, raising a 5 year old grandson, ride a Sportster, and just looking for new experiences....

Posted 2 years ago #
  69. profpar

profpar

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum Leigh

Posted 2 years ago #
  70. profpar

profpar

Login to Send PM

Some where there is a running discussion about motorcycles

Posted 2 years ago #

Reply »