PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Just got this new unsmoked wonderful pipe today from local tobacconist, p/lip mouth piece, army style stem, with Sterling silver band. The bowl size is very great as it fills my hand when holding it. brier thinkness is big enough to minimize heating of ourside surface. The moisture trap is well bored with optimum inclination that easily traps all the moisture. While stem is a little short, smoke is somewhat hot, but controlling smoking habit can overcome the issue. Stem also is lucite which is hard for the teeth, but pipe is very big and not suitable for clenchers so it is not a big issue. Grain structure is lovely and depicts Giant Pipe personality.
Generally, Peterson's Darwin Premier is wonderful pipe, suitable for smokers who love smoking while thinking, and is very great as house pipe.
See the pics and give me your opinions.
P.S.: Tobacco inside is Dunhill My Mixture
20120413_212712.jpg

20120413_212658.jpg

20120413_212627.jpg

20120413_212612.jpg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice looking Pete! I really like lighter/natural colored pipes such as this one.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Thanks for all of you friends.
@Uberam3rica...Thanks for your reply, I think you prefer straight billiards as the one in your avatar. I bought this shape for smoking in the office as I spend many times thinking and need pipe in my hand not in my mouth.
@herbinedave...Thanks firend, You are right, Darwin is big System pipe. It smokes very well, and I will dedicate it only for blends contains Latakia as I love to smoke it in a big bowls.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I think you prefer straight billiards as the one in your avatar.

I do prefer straight pipes, but I like most everything really. I just just don't like the look of pete system pipes. They aren't my cup of tea. I still appreciate them though

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Nice Pipe! I like a Bent Pipe when working on something outside or when hunting. It's

down out of my line-of-sight and I don't have to move my head or worry about it being in

the way. That light briar wood may darken with years of smoking also.
TopD

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
@topd...Thanks for your kind comment, I agree with you that bent pipes are appreciated while working, I clench my bent Captian Black pipe while driving daily. Regarding to light briar wood, You are right again, I have another pete which is also light but now it is dark after only 7 months of smoking.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Hany: love the Darwin, I'm just not a big fan of the P-lips. Just personal preference. But that's a nice looking pipe

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
@Mick...Thanks for the comment friend, I prefer p/lip cause I have a little teeth deformation, P/lips works great with me as it easily hangs between the jaws and fits in the space without any problem. To clench a fish tale moute piece, I have to bite the stem just after the mouth piece and it is very hard to me.

antipodesman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2011
Vancouver Island
Congrats on the new Darwin. I love mine (an ebony finish) that I have had since September. I ordered from Brucciani in the UK and had them send it back to Dublin for a fishtail stem first. It is truly a great pipe. I use a softy bit and clench some. I wouldn't clench full time while walking but short periods are no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.