PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Hey there. I am new to pipe smoking. I have been a cigar smoker, and am recently married. My wife did/does not care for the cigars. We began talking about our childhoods, and she has fond recollection of her Grandpa smoking a pipe. I grew up with my Great-Grandfather who smoked a pipe everyday...all day...; and I too had a fond recollection of the aroma and the appeal of him enjoying his pipes. So I decided that I would try a pipe, and I should have tried this a LONG time ago. I can stop a bowl in the middle if I want and come back to it in a few minutes... I can put the pipe in my shirt pocket for a minute if I need to... the smoke is much more enjoying all around. Plus my wife doesn't mind really...
Now to figure out what kind of tobacco I really like, should be a fun journey.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Welcome to the world of pipe smoking, and to PipesMagazine.com.
There's so much more to pipe smoking than cigar smoking, and always something new to discover.
One quick piece of advice is to not buy too much of any one tobacco.
You might find something you love, but then your tastes might change in a couple of weeks, which is common when you are a new pipe smoker.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Welcome aboard, and good advice from Kevin. Buy an ounce or two, and decide if you like it, before you go out and buy that pound.

dscott

Lurker
Mar 31, 2013
Wanted to say hi my name is David Scott just joined .

Avid cigar smoker been a great admirer of pipes and the making of them just started smoking them would love to learn more about making them and the enjoyment of smoking them

Thanks to all that have already welcomed me

Caint wait to learn more

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Welcome to the forums. You'll find a lot of information here, as well as a great community of folks.
Definitely be adventurous with your tobaccos. You never know what you'll end up enjoying. :puffy:

john218

May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of friendly people here.
Everyone here will agree with you that it is a fun journey.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Welcome, fellows. You have found the right place for pipes and tobacco. Knowledge here is awesome!

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
welcome.gif
Hello Lucky965 and dscott, and Welcome to the Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.