New Member in Sweden with a US Base, Too!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
I am finally back into pipes after 7 years away. I made pipes for 8 years and was lucky enough to spend a lot of time in Love Geiger's workshop as I learned. It was fantastic watching him develop.
Now I trying to build up my cellar!

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Welcome. My understanding is that the Nordic countries have the greatest percentage of pipe smokes vs total smokers anywhere in the world.

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
Hey Harris!
It was a great experience doing the monkey work for Love and Sara. Very welcoming and patient with me and my million questions!
I am into the heavy English/Balkan blends. Balkan Sobranie, Dunhill, Germain etc.

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
Hey SeaCaptain!
The Danes are big pipe smokers, for sure. I am sure that the Swedes have a very high ratio between pipe:cigarette smokers but it is probably due to the very low cigarette smoking rate (I think it is now less than 14%) plus the VERY high rate of the use of snus (they call it snuff, goes in your mouth under your top lip).

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
Thanks for the welcome, Paulie! Are you in Scandinavia or of Scandinavia decent? I am in Göteborg!

brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Welcome aboard. Do you think you might get back into pipe making? It's something I would like to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.