PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichtee

Lurker
Sep 29, 2017
Hello

I come from Switzerland near lake of geneva, and I have been smoking the pipe for more than one year. I have a few pipes in my rotation my two favorate are from a young pipe maker Marek Kando. I am building my tastes so I don’t have a prefered brand tobacco yet, although I discovered orientals which I like. I am looking forward to discuss with you on this amazing forum.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
We did a road trip through Switzerland one weekend in 1973; it rained the whole time ;-)

We had a great time, great food, great beer, great sights, great people.

Welcome to the forum, the food ain’t so great, nor is the beer, but the rest is great.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Bienvenue!
If convenient, photos of your pipes by Kando would be appreciated.
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice.

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
Welcome. Sounds like a beautiful place to smoke a pipe.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome from Maryland! As a young teen, we lived in Germany for several years. During that time, we always spend one vacation per year in Switzerland, usually around the Interlocken area. I'll get back one day!

9mmpuffer

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2018
I've only visited Switzerland twice, Lugano both times. Absolutely beautiful country and I saw a great selection of pipe tobaccos and cigars in the tobacco shops.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome from Texas.
I've never been to Switzerland but I am always amazed at the incredible precision and craftsmanship when I fire my Swiss K-31 rifle.
One of my "pipe dream" vacations would be a week of motorcycle riding through the Alps ending with a chance to participate in the Schutzenfest, where I would proceed to embarrass myself against all of the fine long range shooters in your country. Still if one is to lose, it should at least be to the best... :lol:
How is tobacco acquisition over there?
jay-roger.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Forget guns and pipes. The best thing in Switzerland is Francine Jordi!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oHATv7Pw0q0
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KbeTu8hL6i8

pichtee

Lurker
Sep 29, 2017
Thank you for your nice welcome messages. It is easy to access to tobacco or cigars in Switzerland, there are several shops around. The prices are higher than on Smokingpipes (about the double) but we are allowed 250 grams of import, so I order a lot on US websites.
There are lot of places outside where you can smoke (café, terrasse,street,...). Cigarettes are accepted, Pipes are ok, cigars might get bad comments. When I travelled on the US west coast (L.A, S.F, National Parks,...) i didn’t see much places where you could smoke a pipe.
I love to smoke in the nature, as well as walking in the mountain. But if I am too high in altitude, smoking is not enjoyable, it really depends of the heights.
I will try to create an album to show the Marek pipes. This young carver is really a nice guy. He makes very small pipes.
The K-31 is still used a lot in the main tournaments as well as the sig p210 for 25 meter competition.
Haha Francine Jordy! Now its pipes, guns ... and girls. What a forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.