PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinchoftobacco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2018
Hi all,
New to the forum but not to pipes. Been into the hobby for 14 years now, and really enjoy it.
I was active in the Instagram pipe community for a few years before deleting my account and going on a hiatus. It was getting to be too much drama for me and seems like a repeat of highscool so I needed a break. I have a new account, just not as active as before.
I also dabble in pipe repair/restoration, had a little side business for a while, jbriarpipes.com.
These days my time is occupied with my busy work schedule, and family life.
Pipe wise most of my collection consists of artisan made pipes,i thinned out most factory pipes.
Tobacco, I like a mix. Typically English Latakia/per blends when it’s cold, Virginia’s and vapers when it’s warm. Very rare aromatic typically when I’m at as social event or around friends who aren’t smokers.
Alright that’s all for now, hope to get to know a bunch of you. I’d love to do some tobacco trades too but this 100 post minimum will Take a while to reach for me haha

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site. I also collect artisan pipes with Rad Davis, Brian Ruthenberg,Trever Talbot and Bruce Weaver being just a few. We love seeing pipe pics here so don't be shy. I smoke VA, Vaper and Vabur flakes and plugs 98% of the time and smoke a couple of aromatics when people are over. If you ever want a list of the flakes and plugs I cellar, just let me know.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
Welcome to the forum! I find this place much, much better than social media platforms that happen to have pipe groups. I’m sure you’ll like it here!

pinchoftobacco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2018
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.
@orobusto i live upstate, Albany area.
@cigarmaster, a few of my favorites pipes are ones made by Ian Barnes, Giovanni Placentile, Mike Couch, and Freddy Prieto.

I will let you know about getting a list, sounds good. Currently I need to take some time to update my records on inventory.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome. I love dropping in at Edleez when I'm working up in that area (on the NY Thruway). Park Lane is nice, but a bit too far to drive on most work day evenings.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard! I haven't been to Albany, but my wife and friends and I went to a wedding in Poughkeepsie, stayed at the Vassar guest house -- beautiful country. We tried not to be too rowdy, for Vassar's sake. My wife had most of her career in newspapering with Newsday on Long Island and in Manhattan, and I was back and forth a lot courting. We were both Midwesterners born and met at school in Missouri. Now living in N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.