PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbriarpipes

Lurker
Sep 15, 2018
Hello from NC, my name is Chris I have been smoking pipes and collecting for 5 years now.

I love to restore estate pipes. I love the rush of a pipe hunt and find. I like going through abused and old pipes and making them usable and as close to like new as possible again; I enjoy restoring ALMOST as much as smoking a pipe. My favorite pipe brands are Castello, pre 65 Sasieni, Dunhill, Charatan, GBD, pre 1980 Comoys, Ashton, Willmer, and all the "seconds" from these companies as well. I really like any and all pipes my favorite are classical shapes like the old english companies made/make. I also love a craggy, deep blast on pipes like old Ashton pebblegrains and Dunhill shells. My favorite tobacco is McCranies Red Ribbon. I also smoke many english/oriental mixtures. I used to buy one or two tins at a time and smoke through them before buying more; with my favorite companies blends going out of production I "stock up" if I find something I like. Ive been trying different tobaccos and enjoy G.L. Pease english mixtures, Sutliffs 515RC, and LJ Peretti's Royal mixture. Tobaccos I would like to try would be Buteras Pelican/ Kingfisher, smokers haven Exotique, Peretti's Tashkent/Cuban, and more of G.L. Pease English. Hope you all have a great week and talk to you soon! Thanks for reading....

Chris

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome! I've been smoking pipe for about six weeks now. Folks here have been a great help. Lots to learn.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, welcome to both! oldbriar', it sounds like you are something of an experienced piper and restorationist; I'll look forward to your comments, questions, and information. And techie, if you have questions, ask away.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Great introduction and welcome. :puffy:

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Oh, gawd, another Nawth Cah'linian. We're gonna have to add a special forum just for you guys! -laugh- Welcome from upstate *S*C, Chris! :) Where'bouts in the big blue state are you?
Bill

oldbriarpipes

Lurker
Sep 15, 2018
I would love to communicate with you all thankyou for the warm reception, I will be leaving this nanny website your moderator JVNSHR Javan has allready edited my first post and censored my words for the false accusation of being a "pipe retailer" and "advertising" my social media, because I am a "pipe retailer" apparently that violates forum "rules"... I will be on instagram @oldbriarpipes and currently setting up an account with speak-easy.club if any of yall want to communicate without fear of being censored and edited by forum nazis hit me up at one of those 2 places.... now I see why alot of people have left this site, who knows the next time someone post wanting to sell or trade to upgrade your collection or just introducing themselves (after all thats what we do) you may be considered the next "retailer" and have words removed for no good reason. I hope to see and hear from you all @oldbriarpipes @ncpipes on instagram or speak-easy.club thanks.... Chris

oldbriarpipes

Lurker
Sep 15, 2018
I would love to communicate with you all thankyou for the warm reception, I will be leaving this nanny website your moderator JVNSHR Javan has allready edited my first post and censored my words for the false accusation of being a "pipe retailer" and "advertising" my social media, because I am a "pipe retailer" apparently that violates forum "rules"... I will be on instagram @oldbriarpipes and currently setting up an account with speak-easy.club if any of yall want to communicate without fear of being censored and edited by forum nazis hit me up at one of those 2 places.... now I see why alot of people have left this site, who knows the next time someone post wanting to sell or trade to upgrade your collection or just introducing themselves (after all thats what we do) you may be considered the next "retailer" and have words removed for no good reason. I hope to see and hear from you all @oldbriarpipes @ncpipes on instagram or speak-easy.club thanks.... Chris

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Well then.
You technically aren't allowed to post anything for sale until you hit 100 posts and have been a member for a little while, I think 3 months. It is to be fair to the forum sponsors who keep the lights on around here.

oldbriarpipes

Lurker
Sep 15, 2018
I didnt post anything for sale. This is the only post ive made introducing myself, ive looked at whats sold and what others are selling and trading.

oldbriarpipes

Lurker
Sep 15, 2018
I thought this was a pipe smokers forum where pipe smokers could get to know each other and communicate shoot the breeze and talk pipes and tobacco. If introducing myself is against "forum rules" then what else is, thats ridiculous... banned?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Banned is where you can no longer post and *I think* your IP is blocked. Are you sure you saved your signature properly? It's a little tricky to use personal settings. I can't help first hand with that though, I don't have one.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Try to relax. Anyone posting a Youtube video of self has it nixed. (Not that I am sure that's what was at issue)
This is a place to lay back, share info, ask questions, answer them, make friends, etc. But there are a very few rules, found at the top above the forum posts.
Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.