PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kranthorp

Lurker
Jul 10, 2011
Hi I already posted on the new member thread, but I was asked to post some pictures of my pipes. I've been smoking cigarettes time to time, usually at parties and I was really intrigued by pipe smoking from the LOTR movies. So I found this website, lurked for a bit and now I've gotten in fully into it.
_MG_5829.jpg

The top being my brand new Luna pipes Hobbit churchwarden (I haven't had a chance to smoke it yet as it arrived this morning.)
The bottom is an unbranded French Briar from ebay which I have been using to get into pipe smoking, so I am more experienced before I begin to break in my more expensive Hobbit pipe.
I've also been smoking two blends from James Barber (UK)
1. Black Bourbon :- smells fantastic in the packet, tasted like ash, so I won't be smoking that again, almost made me quit pipe smoking all-together.
2. Old Judge :- much more pleasant taste, though a little bland, though that may mean my palette needs developing.
So could other people in the UK point me in direction of some good blends I can buy over here to expand my smoking experience and just general advice?
Thanks. :)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Kranthorp,

Since Samuel Gawith blends have been a hot topic today, coupled with your "relative" proximity to the blender;

You might contact these marvelous blenders.
Jankomatic you might contact them as well... Couldn't hurt.
Link: Samuel Gawith

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Welcome to the forums! I'm not in the UK, so hard for me to point ya in the right direction, but I'm sure those gents will respond soon to help ya along. I know 4noggins.com is one of the best places to go for overseas orders.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome, Kranthorp. I can vouch that the good folks at Samuel Gawith will respond to any and all questions you ask of them. A classy outfit. Enjoy your time here.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
Welcome, you might try Peterson's Deluxe Mixture. I enjoyed the tin I had and it might be a good place to start. Easy smoking and quite tasty.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Welcome,make yourself at home.I learn daily from the forums,hope you do as well.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Welcome you will have fun and learn every thing you need a then some on here.

kranthorp

Lurker
Jul 10, 2011
Thanks for the greeting and responses :). So I was thinking of getting a 50g tin of the Samuel Gawith's Squadron leader and a 50g tin of the Peterson's De Luxe so I can experience the difference between an English and Aromatic blends, thoughts?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I enjoy the G&H blends myself . I tend to go for the dark shags and the KILLER twists!. The twists for a newcomer often require you don't think about operating an articulated lorry . In fact a seat belt for sitting in your chair may prove helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.