PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdickson

Lurker
Aug 30, 2011
I'm not really a new member. I've been around all of about three weeks. I'm 63 and have been smoking since I was 15.

I actually started on the pipe but after I roasted my tongue a few times I gave it up. Cigarettes were easier. I tried many times over the years but always had the same result. Thank God for the internet! About eight years ago I started studying the pipe. Man, what I've missed! Now that I've found this great joy in the leaf I find I have no one to talk to and share with. When I start talking to my friends and family about some new blend or rave about my new pipe, I just get blank stares in return. So, here I am.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
8O
Welcome RDickson.

I think most of us can identify with the "blank stares".

You won't find that here...

First we can't see you, and second we all love our pipes. :D
Glad to have you aboard!

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Welcome rdickson; don't worry, you won't get blank stares from us when you go off on a tangent about tobacco, just appreciative readers, a good laugh or two, and the sudden need to acquire every pipe ever carved and cellar enough tobacco to start your own cross country franchise of B&M tobacconists.

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
yes, welcome aboard, and second :rofl: to what lawrence said. If I ever get a blank stare i'm gone, that is just way to creepy....

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Welcome to the support group!
I just want you to know that we all fall vitcim to PAD (Pipe Acquisition Disorder) and TAD (Tobacco Acquisition Disorder) sooner or later. That is why we are here, as your support. It is not your fault... It is ours :twisted:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
These are the best pipe forums you'll ever find. Glad to have you here!
[Following pawpaw's lead]
Inside or outside? Filter or no filter? Matches or lighter?

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
the sudden need to acquire every pipe ever carved and cellar enough tobacco to start your own cross country franchise of B&M tobacconists.

We can all attest to this, rdickson, and there is no cure! Welcome to the madness.

stryder

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
Welcome to the Fold....you are in a safe place! Be careful asking for advice....these guys are full of it!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.