Pipes Magazine » New Member Introductions

Tags:   

(12 posts)
  • Started 7 months ago by hotjazzbaby
  • Latest reply from cajomu
  1. hotjazzbaby

hotjazzbaby

Login to Send PM

Ahoy my name is Bill. I am 28 years old. I started smoking cigars and pipes when i was 15, but within several years i was smoking cigarettes and had given up the finer tobaccos. Ten years on and I am ready to give up cigarettes and transition back to the pipe, Which I have been doing over the last several weeks. I mostly smoke English blends and don't care for aromatics.

I collect/sell antiques with my particular interest being in Chinese porcelain. Old Jewelry has been my obsession lately, (and pipes of course) I am setting up a silver bench for the crafting of silver jewelry and maybe now pipe fittings.

Anyhow, I have have been reading the forums for a while now and I am glad to be hear. Thank you

Posted 7 months ago #
  2. techie

techie

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forums!

I gave up cigarettes 30 years ago. One of the best decisions I ever made. I sure enjoy my pipe though.

Posted 7 months ago #
  3. perdurabo

perdurabo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome Bill. I look forward to your post. Have fun and enjoy!

It's not my position nor want to help another man. It's his responsibility to help himself, as where he can learn to dig down deep enough to save himself. -I. Kidd
    Posted 7 months ago #
  4. georgebmcclelland

georgebmcclelland

Login to Send PM

Howdy, friend, I'm quite new to the forums as well, but never too new to say hello. My tobacco story runs sort of similar with yours. I started off rolling my own cigarettes (with hand blended premium, real tobacco or Stokkebye blends) and smoking a corncob for a few years, then somehow transitioned into only smoking cigarettes (both rolling and pre-packaged) for a long, long time, and have only took up the pipe again in the past 1-2 years, and since then I can count the cigarettes I've smoked on one hand!

I don't know too much about jewelry or Chinese porcelain, but I do have a deep love for all things antiquarian. I collect books, typewriters, pipes, knives and swords, anything nautical, military, or literary... I find so many treasures collecting dust at thrift sales for a few bucks. I work construction and recently was working on a renewal project at Plymouth Rock in Massachusetts, where I found tons of old ceramic, glass, porcelain and earthenware chips and intact items buried in the ground, even an old rusty horseshoe that could be hundreds of years old! I don't sell anything, though, so am happy to just decorate my wall with them and play guessing games as to their true age and history. But I'm rambling, as I tend to do. Welcome, though!

Posted 7 months ago #
  5. hotjazzbaby

hotjazzbaby

Login to Send PM

Thank you Major General and all!

Posted 7 months ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

foursidedtriangle

Login to Send PM

English tobaccos are amazing, great you enjoy them

Posted 7 months ago #
  7. spartacus

spartacus

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum. A lot of great people with a lot knowledge here that are willing to share it.

Posted 7 months ago #
  8. jacks6

jacks6

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome Bill!

Posted 7 months ago #
  9. midwestpipesmoker70

midwestpipesmoker70

Login to Send PM

Welcome and hopefully you can kick the cigs for good. There are so many incredible pipe tobaccos less the chemicals in cigs. Cheers.

Nate
    Posted 7 months ago #
  10. scloyd

scloyd

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome Bill. I smoke English blends most often and I enjoy some aromatics...holiday blends, Rattrays Exotic Passion and Sutliff Molto Dolce.

Posted 7 months ago #
  11. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forums!

There are some interesting side hobbies people here as well, and we are a generally friendly bunch!

Posted 7 months ago #
  12. cajomu

cajomu

Login to Send PM

Good decision to switch from cigarettes to pipes. The hard part is giving up the habit of inhaling. Took me a couple of decades to do that. I eventually had to go cold turkey and stop smoking all together for a while before returning to the pipe and not feeling the need to inhale. I now enjoy it much more because, now, I'm smoking for enjoyment rather than to get a fix.

Good luck.

Posted 7 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   husky, dmcmtk, pipingfool, folanator, shayde, mawp, cigrmaster, mikethompson, pappymac, gandalfspipe, gatorlope, jaytex969, cshubhra