PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

galvanic

Lurker
Jun 15, 2012
Hi All, I used to smoke a pipe many years ago but have not for awhile. I always smoked a briar pipe and was partial to freehand or custom pipes. I wish I still had all of them. I just picked up this unsmoked Mastro de Paja pipe and was wondering if anyone can tell me about them. It is unsmoked from what I can tell. Can't figure out how to post a picture yet!
I also would love to buy one of the Hatfield pipes that Kevin Costner is smoking in the TV show. Did anyone ever find out about that pipe and how to buy one if it is made by a company or custom maker??
I am glad that I found this site, might start smoking a pipe again.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
galvanic,
I can't answer your pipe question, however, welcome aboard!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

galvanic

Lurker
Jun 15, 2012
Thanks for the info on posting pics photoman13 and the welcome Bob. I thought that I would need to do photobucket. It is the same on some knife forums that I belong to and have never joined any of them. Guess I won't be posting pictures. I love reading and seeing the pipes though.
Any info on the Costner pipe yet??

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
galvanic, Welcome to the forum.
There is a wealth of Pipe Smoking and Tobacco info available here as well as some of the nicest people you will ever meet.. :puffy:

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
Welcome!
I have seen some Hatfield pipe topics, I'm not sure if it was here or another forum, but it almost looks like he just took the stem off of a pipe and smoked it that way. Anyway, there are some other folks that have expressed interest in buying or making replicas. Sorry I don't have more info.

galvanic

Lurker
Jun 15, 2012
Thanks all of you for the welcome, much appreciated. The thing that has taken most of my time and money for the past 20 plus years is collecting old pocket knives but I always loved pipes. I grew up in NYC and worked in Manhattan for years and found a store called Connoisseur that sold handmade briar pipes and special blends of tobacco. My favorite blend was something called #69 and I think it was made with oriental tobacco?? It's been many years ago and I am not totally sure of the name. The man who owned the shop made some great pipes. I've been out of NYC for about 27 years so I don't know if it still exists but I doubt it.
I am looking forward to spending time here and learn more about pipes.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Glad to have you hear! This is a wonderful community that is here to give you all the knowledge you need to be a pipe smoker and provide you with many friends who are there for you.

Hope you enjoy your stay here at the Pipe Magazine Forums.

Happy puffing! :puffy:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the forum. This place is a wealth of info on anything pipe related. I have a Mastro de Paja in my collection and it is a great smoking pipe. I currently have it dedicated to Boswell Aromatics.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Welcome! Looking forward to your posts. I wouldn't mine seeing pics of some of your pocket knife collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.