Apr 5, 2012
United States
09d408af.jpg

a16feb19.jpg

b4179892.jpg

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Cool! That's a really nice looking meer estate at a great price(I believe that is the one you were saying was $59 at the smokingpipes.com website).

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
You could probably send it to someone for a fairly inexspensive fix for that loose stem.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
It's a great smoking pipe. Cool and smooth and a huge bowl! Compared to my briars...hmm well I'd say about the same draw wise as most of my briars. Weight it's a bit heavier. Smokes cooler and I get a better flavor from it.

I'll have to look into someone fixing it for me.

Cheers

Gunnar

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I have used this to fix loose stems on some of the estates I purchased in the past. I applied an even, paper thin layer, barely any at all, onto the tenon of the stem. Allow it to dry, and carefully slide it into the shank of the bowl. It should be a fraction tighter but not too tight. If you use too much you can always sand some off. I do stress, use barely any at all, especially with Meerschaum. Someone more experienced may have better advise but this has worked just fine for me. You can pick it up at Walmart or Lowes for under 5 bucks.
251-6715Epoxy-PuttyStick431348.jpg

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Since it is a screw on type, you may want to apply some epoxy to the threads, then screw it in, then immediately unscrew it, allow to dry and you should be good to go. Maybe Storient or someone with more expertise with screw on stems will see this and have some better advise. Good luck!

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Thats a great looking estate meer.. I love the estate pipes at smokingpipes.com picked up five of them already... :puffy:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Well done! Looks like you saved yourself a few years of work too with the nice color on that meer.

Status
Not open for further replies.