PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I won this SMS pipe today. I had it in my watch list for a week and was surprised how little bidding interest there was in it. I think its kinda cool looking...and priced alright for an SMS creation. Sam and Beth are good people. Eagles hold a special place in my heart.
I feed eagles that overwinter here on my farm. I've been doing it for a couple of decades and see many of the same birds returning year after year. It was always my intention to make the overwinter experience easy enough on them that maybe some day, a pair would choose to nest in the area. Three years ago I got my wish. They haven't raised any chicks yet...but I keep my fingers crossed. On any given day there 20-30 here. Just a few weeks ago they had started to gather in larger numbers as they prepared to migrate back north and we regularly counted over 100 birds on many days.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330537446621&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Great looking pipe, super price. It ain't no Ben Wade, but it sure is terrific. Hope you get to smoke it as the eagles soar around you.

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
real nice pipe. i have a big hand cut crystal eagle with wings spread that sits on a mirror on top of my pc desk and when the sun hits it there are little rainbow paches all over the walls and ceiling, real pretty.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
I'm getting a few photos ready to post.
@ jcsnaps -- hehe...true, its no Ben Wade, but if Preben Holm carved a figural meer I bet it would look like this.
@ marmal4de -- I don't know if I'll smoke it yet or not. I would guess so, but it certainly is striking in the pure white color. SMS pipes tend to have a narrow draw, in my experience, but still smoke fine.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
What an interesting meer!....Perhaps it didn't generate as much interest because it was listed as "used" even though it was unsmoked....Irregardless, I believe you did very well.... :D

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
Here are a few pictures taken over the years. A good friend of mine, a gentleman named Tom Howd, quit his business to pursue his passion for photography beyond the hobby level. He would spend hours watching the birds and taking thousands of pictures. He has been able to capture some stunning shots.
Flyby.jpg

This one was taken on Valentine's Day. Eagle pairs mate for life and the bonded pair often hang out together.
valentinesday.jpg

This what the trees around my farm commonly look like during the winter. Loaded with eagles.
eagle3Medium.jpg

This eagle we named Peg Leg and he used to be a regular visitor, but I haven't seen him for a couple of years.
Pegleg-1.jpg

This particular photo was a once in a lifetime shot. Tom had set up his shooting position that day and later noticed an eagle flying along the horizon. He realized the eagle would pass beside the moon and waited to make this picture. He turned it into a poster.
BlueMoon.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
mlaug: beautiful pipe!
And wonderful pics of the eagles...thanks for posting...that is something very special you have happening there with those eagles...wow...very cool!

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
Great pipe and sweet price my SMS mers cost more than 3 times that. Smoke that pipe it can only get better. enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.