PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I dunno...orange happens to be my favorite color, and I'm a big fan. Overall I think the orange / yellow / brown scheme speaks of the topic--pipes and tobacco. It also seems that a lot of navigational bugs have been tweaked. Maybe if you wear those 3-D glasses it would be better?

Joking aside, I hope it doesn't keep you from posting, Mason--I always look forward to your travelogues.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I don't really care for it either Mason but I could live with it if I have to. I am just not that big of a fan of bright colors in general though so I could be biased.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I dig paisley but I can work with this. When I was in the inorganic iron oxide business we used to call this yellow color "baby s***". Everyone knew what the customers wanted when they used that term.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
I may need to re-set something,....in the past, when I clicked on a thread title the title turned color indicating that I had already checked it out. Without that happening, I keep re-reading the same threads,...I've been here all night and could really use some sleep! :|

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
It's okay Kevin. I like change and I like the new look. I regularly change the look and color scheme of my computer. Just gives me something fresh to look at when I am in front of it all day. I think the look is fresh. I also think the sponsor adds pop a lot more with the contrasting colors.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
It looks great to me. I think some of us just need some time to get used to the new spread.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Im with Tommy....Not sure where Ive been...Visited forums highlighted??I like it other than that :D

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
The not having the threads highlighted does seem to be the only real "problem" with the new setup. Other than that, it looks great.

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
Tommy:
in the past, when I clicked on a thread title the title turned color indicating that I had already checked it out. Without that happening, I keep re-reading the same threads

Fullbent:
Im with Tommy....Not sure where Ive been...Visited forums highlighted?? I like it other than that

krgulick
The not having the threads highlighted does seem to be the only real "problem" with the new setup. Other than that, it looks great.
+1,000,000 :D :puffy:

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I like it. There are still some things to fix though, for example user profiles are broken (get pushed to the bottom). I also think you should highlight the "You have 1 new message" thing, because I always miss it for a few days. Instead of using the regular link highlighting, an icon when a thread contains an unread message is better, like most modern forums have.

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
I am with the other guys, I miss the highlighting of new posts and the idea of highlighting the new message is a good one.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
I like the new layout and colors. It is hard to please everyone....just ask any website designer.

Thanks for all your hard work Kevin. :worship:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I love the new look. The only draw back I've noticed so far is that fact that it doesn't highlight threads you've already checked out anymore. Other than that I like the new color scheme and layout. Keep up the good work Kevin.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Highlight your viewed links (in your browser's preferences) to something day-glo. I like that the posts alternate bg colors, makes it much easier to scroll. I like that the headlines are bold, the main page is much more attractive as a landing site (esp. for newcomers) and...well, i like yellow and orange! Thanks Kevin, keep tweaking! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.