PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I just visited the new location of Anstead's Tobacco Company in Fayetteville NC. They were in the local mall and have very recently moved to a stand alone location on nearby Mcpherson church road. The old store was cramped and was about typical of many mall tobacconists. The new location has about the same inventory but it's more spread out and easier to shop but the main reason for visiting is their smoking lounge. You can see pictures on their website Ansteads but the pictures don't do it justice, it is a large and comfortable space with leather sofas everywhere. They owners are super friendly so it's well worth a visit. I was talking to them and they are also planning on getting the local pipe club to meet there. I hope that takes off because it would give me another reason to visit.
If you are anywhere in central NC and like pipes or cigars I'd highly recommend a visit if for no other reason than to enjoy a relaxing smoke inside with like minded folks.

jeremyh

Lurker
Dec 22, 2012
I live here, and just visited at the and opening last weekend. Really nice place.
...and "FayetteNAM" has really cleaned up its act in the past 30 years. :)

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Good ole "FayetteNam" Yes. But it really is a pretty good town now.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
From what I can tell some are relabeled and others are their own blends. To be honest, was more impressed by their lounge than their pipe and tobacco selection. I get the impression from talking to them, that the selection will improve as they feel out the new space.

Status
Not open for further replies.