PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpascia

Lurker
Oct 26, 2011
Milano, Italy
In 112 years in the world of pipes we haven’t yet lost our enthusiasm of rising to a challenge, and commitment to designing and creating something new. This time we’re talking of a whole range, not just one model; a whole array of variations on each model, not just twelve; not just one artisan, but many, highly skilled craftsmen. However, there is only one driving force behind it all, with the confidence that can only come from over a century of experience: Al Pascià.
The Al Pascià 1906 pipe takes us back to the year of the first great Exposition in Milan, and the year that our business was established at number 61 in Via Torino. It was during those decades of the early twentieth century that the briar pipe consolidated its features, the ones that nowadays we call “classic”, but becoming contemporary in the hands of master craftsmen today.
We select the briar for the 1906 pipe from our trustworthy supplier, Mimmo Romeo. Next, on the basis of the features of each briar block, we design its basic shape and the craftsman most suited to create it. It’s the artisan that will choose the right centering for each piece and variations on the shape of the concept, always obviously taking into account its smokability. However, we don’t leave the master alone with his lathe and sanding disk: the ineffable features of the 1906 pipe arise from and gradually evolve through the continuing dialogue between the craftsman and client.
If a special finish is required (such as rusticating) another expert will carry this out. Once the 1906 pipe is finished, we inspect each one. A great deal of work is involved in producing each model, yet it is excellent value for money.
Inspired by the 12 classic models, with small-medium bowls, the 1906 pipe is suitable for strolling outdoors. The fishtail mouthpiece is in acrylic, and the unbreakable tenon is made of Teflon. The raw material design and manufacturing are 100% Italian.
Thank you for your time!
here you can see the pipes https://www.alpascia.com/en/pipe/1/14607/al-pascia
5c04f71f440051906-demo-brown2.jpg

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I like that line. They make great pips and have fantastic customer service and incredibly fast shipping. Thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye on those for future consideration.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I'm not sure why but I want this one. Looks like it would be good to take fishing.
GALLERY_DETAIL_al-pascia-pipe-B523A.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@Acid - that pipe is one of their "Curvy" lines. Double-chamber pipes, imminently clenchable, so they would indeed be great for fishing, etc.
If the 1906 line is finished as nicely as the Curvy line, you are in for a real treat. By my experience, it's an artisan level quality pipe at a very reasonable price. The weight range of the remaining 1906 line, from 29 to 39 grams is pretty impressive!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I WANT this one too for fishing! I might have to pull the trigger. So cool.

GALLERY_DETAIL_al-pascia-pipe-B523A.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My 1906 was delivered while we were on Christmas holiday. Wow, that's quite a pipe value. The briar is beautiful, and drilling spot-on. I'm a big fan of the Curvy line and these are a step up from that line. The funneled tenon really seals the deal.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
The 1906's are too pricey for yours truly. But they've also have some sweet pipes in the 100 Euro range. Too bad my January extra funds are already committed to Savinelli. :(

bazungu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2018
That is a beautiful Dublin ssjones, such dense birdseye! Really slick and balanced and love the application of horn. Could not imagine a better representative of the straight dublin shape. I think you got the prettiest of the bunch!

I just wished they would stamp their pipes instead of laser engrave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.