Pipes Magazine » New Member Introductions

Tags:   

New Line - Al Pascià 1906

(14 posts)
  1. alpascia

alpascia

Login to Send PM

In 112 years in the world of pipes we haven’t yet lost our enthusiasm of rising to a challenge, and commitment to designing and creating something new. This time we’re talking of a whole range, not just one model; a whole array of variations on each model, not just twelve; not just one artisan, but many, highly skilled craftsmen. However, there is only one driving force behind it all, with the confidence that can only come from over a century of experience: Al Pascià.

The Al Pascià 1906 pipe takes us back to the year of the first great Exposition in Milan, and the year that our business was established at number 61 in Via Torino. It was during those decades of the early twentieth century that the briar pipe consolidated its features, the ones that nowadays we call “classic”, but becoming contemporary in the hands of master craftsmen today.

We select the briar for the 1906 pipe from our trustworthy supplier, Mimmo Romeo. Next, on the basis of the features of each briar block, we design its basic shape and the craftsman most suited to create it. It’s the artisan that will choose the right centering for each piece and variations on the shape of the concept, always obviously taking into account its smokability. However, we don’t leave the master alone with his lathe and sanding disk: the ineffable features of the 1906 pipe arise from and gradually evolve through the continuing dialogue between the craftsman and client.

If a special finish is required (such as rusticating) another expert will carry this out. Once the 1906 pipe is finished, we inspect each one. A great deal of work is involved in producing each model, yet it is excellent value for money.

Inspired by the 12 classic models, with small-medium bowls, the 1906 pipe is suitable for strolling outdoors. The fishtail mouthpiece is in acrylic, and the unbreakable tenon is made of Teflon. The raw material design and manufacturing are 100% Italian.

Thank you for your time!

here you can see the pipes https://www.alpascia.com/en/pipe/1/14607/al-pascia

Posted 1 week ago #
  2. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Login to Send PM

Wow, that 1906 C194 looks amazing! If I hadn't already spent a boatload of money on Christmas presents I would have made her mine! Beautiful pipes!

"If you can't send money, send tobacco." - George Washington

Posted 1 week ago #
  3. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very nice! There are many more finishes on the site.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 1 week ago #
  4. civilwar

civilwar

Login to Send PM

Nice pipes

Posted 1 week ago #
  5. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like that line. They make great pips and have fantastic customer service and incredibly fast shipping. Thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye on those for future consideration.

Posted 1 week ago #
  6. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

very nice! A little out of my price range, but very nice!

Posted 1 week ago #
  7. donjgiles

donjgiles

Login to Send PM

I like this one from the Classic Line.

Don

Posted 1 week ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

acidpox

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure why but I want this one. Looks like it would be good to take fishing.

Posted 1 week ago #
  9. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

@Acid - that pipe is one of their "Curvy" lines. Double-chamber pipes, imminently clenchable, so they would indeed be great for fishing, etc.

If the 1906 line is finished as nicely as the Curvy line, you are in for a real treat. By my experience, it's an artisan level quality pipe at a very reasonable price. The weight range of the remaining 1906 line, from 29 to 39 grams is pretty impressive!

Al

Posted 1 week ago #
  10. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

Did Gubbels (Big Ben/Hilson) make the 1906 as well?

Posted 1 week ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

elpfeife

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pascia says they are 100% Italian.

Posted 1 week ago #
  12. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The kind of posts/ads I like to see!

Posted 1 week ago #
  13. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I WANT this one too for fishing! I might have to pull the trigger. So cool.

Neal
    Posted 1 week ago #
  14. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It is very distinctive, but: Placed in a tackle box, it could pass as a bobber!

Posted 1 week ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   zitotczito, bradical, donjgiles, ashdigger, mechanic, buckaroo, chasingembers, cranseiron, ron123, blackadderlxx, hoosierpipeguy