New Lighter...Not sure If I should return it or not.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddazes

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2010
I went and spent $150 on a pretty Savinelli pipe lighter. I didn't realize it when I got it, but when I got it home and got to really look at it I noticed that it has a crack on the back and on one side, there is also a small crack on the front but it is too fine to show up on the pictures.

lighter3.jpg

lighter2.jpg

lighter.jpg

Penguin told me that the body of the Savinelli pipes are supposed to be carved out of a single piece of wood and that it might jeopardize the integrity of the lighter.
Should I try and return it? Or will it be fine and just have some added character?

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I would say if you are not happy with it then return it. Happiness with your purchase is what is most important and I think they will understand that.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Got to wonder how anyone could sell something that's so obviously damaged. Return it and give them a piece of your mind. unclearthur is correct in saying that for that money it should be perfect.

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
Return it. If you bought it on Ebay then you have buyer protection.

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
Did the seller disclose these flaws before you bought it? If the answer is Yes and you agreed to the purchase than I am afraid you are out $150.00. If the seller did not disclose the flaws than you have the right to return it for a Full Refund. Albeit, Ebay or other and, if you paid by Paypal or an direct debit to you card you can challenge the purchase but you must act quickly. I would suggest contacting the seller and advise him or her of your dissatisfaction and give the seller a chance to make good on this purchase. But again, you must act swiftly.
Forrest

Status
Not open for further replies.