PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thbg

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2011
Just got it recently and wanted to share that it is really exceptional. While I guess it would fall in the "rock" genre, I would think that anyone who appreciates music in general would like it. I feel the same way listening to this the first time I heard Traffic's "Low Spark of Higheeled Boys" or Pearl Jam's "Ten". Every song is noteworthy.
So check it out...also goes good with Escudo in a Boswell Shotshell pipe. :D

thbg

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2011
Yes. This is his first solo album. It is different from the stuff on the White Stripes albums. Different, but good.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have it and agree completely. There is something about his guitar playing and vocals that I really like. Nicely produced as well, not a stripped down White Stripes type of recording.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
Don't forget about "The Raconteurs"
I believe Jack White is very creative and influential to many up and coming artists as well as established acts.
I will check out this album, thanks for the heads up.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Give it a listen. My favorite is the opening track, Sixteen Saltines.
http://505diary.blogspot.com/2012/04/listen-jack-white-blunderbuss-full.html

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
I tried to like this album, but it didn't click for me. Too many other influences besides Jack? (for me)
I completely understand. I tried to like "Them Crooked Vultures", but just couldn't. No matter how often I listened to the album, it meshed like gravel in gears for me.

thbg

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2011
Will have to check this out on vinyl, photoman13...I imagine it will put an interesting twist on an already impressive sound.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Everything with soul sounds better on vinyl. Plus as I have said in another post it goes very well with a bowl of tobacco.

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
Jack White is absolutely brilliant. His style isn't for everyone, certainly, but he's got more genuine talent, both as a songwriter and as a musician, in his pinky fingernail than many of the over-produced, Disney-creature assclowns that attempt to pass for musicians these days have in their entire stock portfolios. I loved what he did with the White Stripes. I loved the Raconteurs. The Dead Weather was dark and hard to swallow at times, but at the same time, remarkable in moments. I like Blunderbuss, but am not convinced, yet, whether it's his best work. There is no question, though, that White is a force to be reckoned with, and we'll hear a lot more from him in future. I, for one, look forward to whatever he does, if for no other reason than that it will be creative and interesting.

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
Everything with soul sounds better on vinyl. Plus as I have said in another post it goes very well with a bowl of tobacco.
Indeed! I spin vinyl on a Rega Planar 3 that has been a stalwart performer through the acquisition and subsequent retirement of three CD decks. The current one, I anticipate lasting fairly well, and it sounds remarkably good for a digital reproduction device, but I'll still choose analogue over digital when possible.
Might I recommend a tobacco to go with that record? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.