PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Recently I had a Hawkbill pipe commissioned by pipe maker Phillip Rivara. Here are a few pictures of this beautiful pipe. Not the best pics but trust me she's a beauty, and a great smoker. You can check out his YT channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/fillips66

Dec 24, 2012
I have always had trouble with this shape, but that certainly is a beautiful rendition of a hawkbill. Congrats.

Phil makes amazing pipes, I was lucky enough to get one of his at the cost of the shipping last year.
mBrSCkc.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's an amazing piece of briar on that Hawkbill, and what depth in the finish. This is one of the most striking in that shape I've seen.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Thanks for the nice comments guys.
@guyrox - its very comfortable in the hand and is well balanced to make for easy clinching.
@mso489 - Phil did an amazing job with this pipe, especially since this was his first go at the Hawkbill shape. He nailed it!
@peck - to me the Hawkbill shape is a love it or hate it shape. Some of them I don't care for at all; however the ones like this are beautiful pipes. Of course its all in the eye of the beholder.
@dave g - its been broke in with some Balkan Sobranie with Megadeth playing in the background. LOL

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Enjoy your Hawkbill. I haven't seen one yet that grabbed me enough to pull the trigger but I suspect that I'll add one to the collection sometimes in the future.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
Beautiful. The picture makes the chamber look somewhat smaller than average. Is that a trick of the lens? I've been keeping my eyes peeled for smaller chambered pipes specifically for flakes.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Beautiful pipe! I love the shape and have several.

I'm not much of a clencher, so their lack of leverage isn't an issue for me.

I do think they smoke drier, but that may vary among different makers.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@cortez - I've only smoked it twice so I can't say much in regards to "drier smoke" yet, but with a few more smokes I'll be able to determine that. As for clenching, I do like to clench from time to time and I'm able to clench this pipe just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.