PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I bought this hawkbill from Justin Bain (sparks) this morning. Justin ah been making pipes for several years and this is a beauty. He shapes his pipes by hand with sanding disks and hand drills the airways. Lovely work. He calls his line Windjammer. Will break it in tonight while in the chat room.

I apologize for the picture orientation but Photobucket is giving me fits today.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
hawkbill.jpg

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
You rat, pap. I tried to claim that beauty last night. Hawkbills are a shape that is widely subject to interpretation. But for my tastes, I've only seen a few HBs that speak to me.
hp

les

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Great looking grain, too. I've wondered how comfortable that shape is while clenching. Looks like a solid smoker. Enjoy!

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Having had, at one time, 68 hawkbill pipes in my collection of which 28 were the Castello #84, this looks to me to be one of the better interpretations of the shape. Congrats to the pipemaker.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nice Donkey Nut! (Dr. Bob referred to this shape by that name last week on the radio show)

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who struggles with Photobucket and picture orientation. That Editing program seems to have a mind of its own.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just caught that the pipe was made by member "Sparks". Neat! I met him at the last Philly club meeting and he showed me some of the pipes that he had made, I was impressed and more so now. He was looking for a Philly area workshop and it looks like he was successful.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
Great looking pipe there sparks, Brian would be proud of you. Actually, I'm sure he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.