PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Well, today I decided I needed to make a pipe that was extremely light for when I fish. This little guy here is pretty darn small, although it is fairly long. It is incredibly light, and I think it should do the job just fine for when I fish, since I wanted something that I could just forget is even hanging from my mouth. The stem is is handmadem and I just lit her up and she smokes like a dream...
fis1.jpg

fis2c.jpg

fis3.jpg

fis4l.jpg

And yes, I need a real lighter....
Edit: fixed your last pic for you, L

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice work! When I looked at the first pic I did a double take,it looks like it has two buttons! I finally realized there's a shadow.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Looks like you have some stain in your hands.That's happen to me everytime i stain a pipe :D

About the pipe, it's nicely done.What i think about classic pipes is usually that:

For a classic pipe there are few reason to carve it fully by hand.A lathe works better.I usually work fully by hand on a free shapes ,the ones that's impossible to do with a lathe.I made several classic pipes by hand but i still have the impression to wasting some times :( as the time that the works needs is to much.

As I told you before the pipe is nicely done and you're on the right way.By the way how are the drillings?

Maurizio

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Very nice. I'm liking the Canadian style more and more every time I smoke mine. I'm not sure if that's what this is, but it's close enough for me :)

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Pentangle: I drill my chambers 3/4 an inch and my air hole is 5/32 of an inch. My mortise is 1/4 an inch for my tennons. And I use many drill bits (1/4- 5/32- 1/8) for my stems so that the airhole gets smaller from the tennon hole to the hole at the bit.
Thanks guys for the kind words as well!

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Briarbird, you need to get yourself a tapered 5/32 bit for your airway in the stems. Using different sizes will work, but causes steps which can then cause turbulence in the stem. This in turn can cause a build up of moisture in the stem.
I like that pipe, it's just about like a Bing Crosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.