PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetamper72

Lurker
Jun 14, 2011
Hello all, Greetings from Michigan. I been smoking a pipe for about a month now. I really enjoy this new found hobby. It's good to belong to a like minded group of people where I can learn more about this relaxing art form. My pipe smoking road is just beginning. thanks :)

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
Pipetamper:
Welcome to the pipe culture. You can, as I have, learn a lot from this Forum. I have smoking a pipe for many years and I am still learning. Welcome, I think that you will enjoy years of enjoyment.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
:D Welcome to the forums!
I give it three months till you're as nutty as the rest of us.

toehead

Lurker
Jun 8, 2011
Just started smoking a pipe this past December myself and have learned alot by coming to this site. It is full of the nicest people and they are always very helpful to us newbies.
Welcome to the hobby and the forum.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Welcome from another newbie!! I have been a member here for only a couple of weeks and have already soccumbed to the dreaded PAD and TAD!!!!!!!!! You won't be far behind!
:P

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. There is a ton of info on the left sidebar that has been a great help to a lot of us here. Hope to see many posts, pics and any questions you may have.

clutch

Lurker
Jun 10, 2011
Welcome from another newb! Enjoy! There's a lot of good information here as well as some good advice!

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
PIPETAMPER72,

Welcome! This is the best group of pipers around. A bunch of really cool guys with a vast amount of knowledge. I've learned a lot here.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome pipetamper72! :clap:

As you poke around this website you will discover a treasure trove of information. There's everything here

from catlinite pipes and Native American practices to videos showing how rolled "coin" tobacco is made.
:?: When should you smoke Escudo for breakfast?

:!: When you have a taste for coin flakes! :rofl:
There are also many great interviews and articles by industry professionals and luminaries, so dig in!

You can get off to a good start in the left hand column of this page. Again, welcome. I'm looking forward

to reading some of your opinions and observations also, so make it a two-way street!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Welcome! We need all the new pipe smokers we can get...gotta keep the tradition, the culture and the market alive. Enjoy every puff! :puffy:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Good to have you buddy. You will soon, as Tommy indicated, be a full fledged pipe geek doing things like explaining the difference between Syrian Latakia and Cyprian Latakia and how mystical a "perfect smoke" can be or what PAD and TAD is to folks that will be looking at you like you are retarded, and spending exorbitant amounts of money on pipes and tobacco.
Cheers.
P.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
You will soon, as Tommy indicated, be a full fledged pipe geek doing things like explaining the difference between Syrian Latakia and Cyprian Latakia and how mystical a "perfect smoke" can be or what PAD and TAD is to folks that will be looking at you like you are retarded, and spending exorbitant amounts of money on pipes and tobacco.

Funny you should mention that, haha. My business partner asked me something like, "Whatcha smoking today?" to which I responded with a 45-minute lecture about my current run of VaPer flavor profilings and pairing experiments. He tuned out after the first 30 seconds, but I was more than happy to keep rambling along my soliloquy. :rofl:

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Howdy! Welcome to the site - lot of fun stuff to look at and chat about. Coming to this site is also very educational and a great way to learn about our wonderful hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.