PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Hey guys, I just got my new Graco sandblasted pipe in the mail. Its vintage stock from about 30 years ago, some supplier for pipesandcigars apparently found some. I absolutely love it, I think its gonna be my main gun. But something that through me off is when I took the stem out and there was this long very pointy metal insert. It slides right into the stem, and it has a groove in it for airflow. What the heck is the point of this? To prevent tobacco particles from slipping through the stem? I smoked a third bowl last night in it and left the metal insert in. Seemed to smoke good but it had a bit of a whistle because of it. I think I'll just not use the insert, but I was wondering what the purpose is of this.
I'm sorry for lack of pictures, I don't have a digital camera, just an old GAF 30mm, haha. Though my computer has a webcam I can take pictures with . . . i'll give it a shot.
Ok I can't figure out how to attach pictures to my post . . .

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
That's called a stinger. It's to prevent moisture from getting into your mouth while you smoke! You can remove it most smokers do! Bit if you like it leave it in! Happy puffing!

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
And the easiest way too attach pics is to load them to photo bucket then copy the IMG codes and paste it in you post!

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Photoon2013-01-12at0925_zpse5018513.jpg

Photoon2013-01-12at0924_zps8a620421.jpg

Photoon2013-01-12at09252_zps76e3f3a0.jpg

I guess the pictures don't matter anymore.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
What a great idea. A defensive pipe! Kind of like a cane with a gun in it. Always be prepared!

As for pics it's been said here many times, "didn't happen with out a pic".

Who loves pictures? Wee DOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.