PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I just recieved this pipe yesterday and wanted to show it off. I also want to see if anyone can guess the maker. (No I didn't carve it! Although I'd be happy with it if I had!)
So take a guess.
It's a fairly larger pipe and has a swirl acrylic stem. The tobacco chamber is fairly large and deep. It also has some nice flame grain on both the shank and bowl.
It should be a good pipe for smoking while I watch TV in the evening.
I only wish my pictures were better, of course setting up for them is the last thing on my mind until after I see the outcome. :)
DSC03471.jpg

DSC03463.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Beautiful pipe! I have no idea who carved it but would love to know. Is it a forum member? Are you gonna give us a clue or tell us later?

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Gosh. Simple, elegant, a beautiful plateaux using both ends. I literally could not smoke it. I would feel ... dirty, somehow.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I thought there would be guesses such as Ben Wade, Nording, the likes of some of the older freehand makers.
There are markings, and I do know the carver, just want to see what kinds of guesses you all come up with.
I will tell you all a bit later as I still want to see what guesses I get.
I'm thinking of taking it on a test run this morning with some 965 from 2006.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Seems like I have seen that pipe before, I don't know if he is a member here but could it have come from the Bears Den?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That's one nice looking pipe regardless of who made it. I'm jonesing now for a Nording freehand. Have it on the wishlist and hoping the War Council will snag it up for me for Christmas. Congratulations on that pipe, sorry I can't help I.D.ing it. None the less, enjoy the hell out of it.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Since there is a plate in the background with a single star, I am guessing it was carved by Lonestar.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
The picture was taken at my house, and of course, not a Lonestar pipe, nor a bears den, nor did shaintiques make it.
I'll let you all off the hook........... It was made from a pre-drilled kit I got a few years ago and my wife made me the pipe.
It was her first try at making one and I love it. She finished it last night and even asked me to drill a block so that she could start her next.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Wow, that is awesome dawg! I bet it will always be a cherished pipe for you. Tell her amazing job. Gratz man!

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Rothnh, I'm not really sure where I picked it up really. But I just never did anything with it as it was packed in a box. When I finished my new shop about 8 months ago, the wife saw it and said, I want to make a pipe with this. So you see what she came up with. She probably worked on it a total of about 15 hours, as she tried to do all the shaping by hand with sandpaper before getting just a little advice.
She took the advice, but wouldn't let anyone else touch it in any way as she wanted it to be all her.
I'll let her know what you all said. And I did tell her she should keep at it..... I liked working in the shop with her working in there as well. I'm glad I built it big enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.