PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmcpiper03

Lurker
Jun 3, 2018
Well I started smoking a pipe when I joined the United States Marine Corps and then eventually got into cigars for awhile. Mainly due to their ease of carry. I have since quit cigars and am rekindling my love for pipe smoking. So far I have only tried a few aromatics since taking it back up but look forward to trying as many different blends as possible. Look forward to reading posts on here and learning more about different aspect of pipe smoking.

usmcpiper03

Lurker
Jun 3, 2018
Here is a Picture of my pipes I currently have. The rack is something I just threw together with scrap wood. My next project is going to be a wall cabinet with glass doors and a few drawers for tobacco.

Bjk063CgBRZ7PRz6k7WGPvlvhonKcV8YoEL1980

Well it looks like my picture didn’t get attached. If anyone knows how to attach an image let me know.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Welcome aboard. Cheers.
Here’s a good link for posting pics. http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/how-to-videos

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A9_B46_AB0_A34_C_445_E_B8_F1_3499_ED98_D75_C.jpg

Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome indeed!
A9_B46_AB0_A34_C_445_E_B8_F1_3499_ED98_D75_C.jpg

Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Thanks, npod! And usmcpiper, if you'd rather copy/paste as text into Word or whatever to save for reference, here's a brief of how to:
These instructions apply to using Windows, & the album section of your account here. If you use Apple &/or another image resource, most of them generally translate.
1. On the pipesmagazine home page, go to My Account>Album>Pictures Pick the image you want & click to enlarge. To get the image right, the key in most instances is to click on the picture in your album to enlarge it, then right-click & select "copy image location," e.g. --
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/18016/20180531_095408-600x337.jpg
[Note that even if the URL appears correct, you *have* to make sure that the address you copy has the .jpg extension or it won't display correctly. ]]
2. If you want your picture to appear large enough to see detail, use a text editor to change the address you’re going to use, & edit out the size delimiter info in bold below, so it looks like the second line below:
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/18016/20180531_095408-600x337.jpg

http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/18016/20180531_095408.jpg
3. Copy that info to the clipboard & you’re ready to write your message. Start a message as you normally would (either replying in a thread, or beginning a new one. After you type whatever blahblah you want in, click the box above the message that says IMG. An address box will come up with “http://”. Paste your picture’s address from the clipboard; it will overwrite the stuff already in the IMG box. Click OK. Another box will open up asking for text about the picture. Type in whatever you want, & click OK again, & the picture will post when you hit send. [Don’t worry that it doesn’t display for you to see before you send the message. It’s normal for it to work this way.]
4. Repeat the above for any additional pictures you want to use. That’s all there is to it. Please feel more than free to private message me if it's not clear!
Bill

usmcpiper03

Lurker
Jun 3, 2018
I’m in Marysville Ohio. Thanks for all the help with photo I’ll have to try my pc tomorrow I have been using the cellphone.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Good deal, Marine! Oh, BTW, one thing I didn't mention -- If you're starting a new message thread, make sure you add a title up top, otherwise you'll get an error message when you try to post.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Welcome to the forum! I was born and raised in Marysville. Live in Columbus now............ :puffy:

And THANK You for your service to our country!!.......... :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.