PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottils

Lurker
Jul 15, 2018
Hello! Greetings from Norway. Seems long overdue to finaly get me an account here, been lurking, reading and enjoying this forum for all things pipe related for a few years now. My grandfather smoked a pipe wich I remember loving the smell of and being fascinated by even as a small kid. Bought a basket pipe and a pouch of Borkum Riff ten years ago, but it didn't take. Classic tale of wet smokes and burned tounge. Picked it up again three years ago, this time with a more informed approach to briar and leaf. Got from three to thirty pipes in my rack(s) in about a year. Been many a sweet smoke since.
I tend to favour balkan style blends and VA/VaPers the most. Enjoy collecting mostly older british pipes and shapes, but anything with a deep and craggy sandblast will catch my eye.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello and welcome, bottils.
Balkans have been creeping up higher on my list, lately and I also enjoy most of the VaPers I've tried.
I'd like to see your part of the world some day (preferably in the summer!)
The closest I've gotten is to own a lovely antique Finnish Mosin Nagant military rifle.
I think a yacht ride from Scotland to Norway, standing on the bow with a pipe and bottle of cleanin rum would be the way to do it!
We're glad you're here.
jay-roger.jpg

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Howdy & welcome, bottils! I'm afraid you've fallen in with a bunch of pipe snobs, but look on the bright side -- your standards are now much higher, therefore you qualify!
NOW, about Black Frigate..... :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard bottils. It sounds like you have good taste in pipes and leaf.

bottils

Lurker
Jul 15, 2018
3gg9iyr
Preparing some MOB Old Belt Ready Rubbed Virginia this lovely day north of the arctic circle. Wishing you all a wonderful sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.