PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
I ordered some tins of SG SL that arrived without the giant black warning label. Just the what-used-to-be typical small print warning on the bottom of the tin. Unless I got lucky on the tin age (which is possible I guess)

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
My last order of Black Frigate half had the warning labels and half were unadorned with the abominations.

goose61

Lurker
Jun 30, 2018
Never did understand why certain companies were in such a hurry to jump the gun on the label issue.
Now the guys at MacBaren and Bengal Slices owe me some unadorned labels to put on my tins.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Goose: it's cost efficient. When it's time to make labels for blends, and they know the ad rule is coming, why print a bunch of labels that you might be stuck with? That's a waste of money. I don't like the ads at all, but I see where the companies are coming from.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Other than feeling for the tobacco companies getting screwed around, I could care less about the labels. All I care about is the tobacco stored under them. The FDA along with any other government agency is a joke. Bunch of incompetent, crooked clowns living off the tax payers money.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Other than feeling for the tobacco companies getting screwed around, I could care less about the labels.
About how I feel about it too. Once a tin is open I toss it in the trash and jar the tobacco.

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
^^^^ ... +1
Just like a book, it isn’t the cover but the contents that make the product great
If it would make the FDA go away and let the tobacco industry normalize that would be great. The issue I have is that it seems like it’s just one step along a path to prohibition of tobacco..

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I understand peoples' point that the tin gets thrown away so the label doesn't matter much. The issue is if you don't stop government over reach it will continue to expand and eventually effect something you do care a lot about.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I agree. We need to fight anything tobacco related. We get swept in because we are but a mouse fart in the conversation.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's just the labeling, but any slowing of micromanaging pipe smokers is to the good. Next there will be health regulations on model railroads and bird watching. I think there might be an opioid crisis that needs attention, among other things.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Warning this product contains Nicotine. A substance known to increase the libido, memory and protect against Alzheimers.

noseflute

Lurker
Jun 25, 2018
Here is an example (I swear I chose the 'lightest' one, there are pictures far more horrible) of what we have in France, compared to what it was. Long live the mason jars!
e43w.jpg

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Well, I do collect tins, so to me it does matter having an unmarred label, even if I'm going to keep only 1-2 tins of a given blend and turn the rest into cigar ashtrays or chuck in the trash.
I do agree with prairiedruid %100 percent. It's not about 'saving the tins' but about fighting statism.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The FDA should fund a study of old pipe smokers dying of discouragement in no-smoking nursing homes.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I do not speak French but I believe that says "When eating watermelons, please spit out the seeds".

Status
Not open for further replies.