PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
Trying my new and only 3rd briar pipe with brown liquorice flake from gawith and Hogarth.Must have more.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
Corncobs are great and I thought that was all I needed.But this brair with it's wider bowl and why smaller draw hole is awesome.I truly did not think it would make this much of a difference in the flavor.And I don't have to be any where close to how careful be a I had to be with my puffing.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
I've only been smoking a pipe for about 8 months or so and only cobs and one Dr grabow royal Duke.But the draw on both pipes were the same,where this pipe is still well under a ,$100 the draft hole is small and not drilled for a filter.Its so much better.Im having to rethink my cost to smoke pleasure theory.Any advice on bowl coatings.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Cobs are great for a number of reasons, not least of which is because they provide a nice smoke without adding extraneous flavors of their own, but briars are great too, oddly enough precisely for the exact opposite reason -- a good briar will acquire an added subtle flavor of its own that can boost the flavor you get from the tobacco itself. Just make sure you have enough briars to rest them so they don't get soggy & start to go sour. :)

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Bowl coatings? Honey is usually good; a thin film of it run around the inside of the bowl while the pipe is new will help accelerate carbonization of the tobacco & building a protective cake quicker. JMHOVO -- your mileage may vary. If you have a good pipe shop in your area you can ask their advice as well as some of the other idiots around here. :rofl:

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
No pipe shops.I really don't think there is another pipe smoker in a 100 square miles.As for resting I think I'm gonna order a Rossi pipe and another of these St Claude pipes I really enjoy it.This smoke has been like I have read it should be,I haven't had that until now it's very nice as is have other pipe smokers to converse with thank you guys so much

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
This pipe is now dedicated to gawith Brown liquorice flake.I dub thee the liquorice puffer.Burner?

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Just bend a pipe cleaner in half a lightly rub around the inside of your bowl . This will allow the cake to build up and form a protective layer. Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.