PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
image2-600x448.jpg

My new favorite, Missouri Meerschaum Freehand. Seems to love Dunhill Mixture 965, double the pipe chamber size. Cold weather in Kansas has moved me to the garage.

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
Wing is 2003. They are talking about snow this weekend, Road crews will sand/salt like we are having a blizzard, so riding is about done until Spring. Temps this week are highs in the 30s

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Serious pipe, serious bike. Is that model MM equipped with an acrylic stem?

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
The Freehands come with either an unfiltered Vulcanite stem or the regular bent Danish stem which is made from acrylic and can accept a filter. The one dsollars has is Vulcanite from the looks of it.

domingofetter

Lurker
Nov 11, 2014
My new favorite, Missouri Meerschaum Freehand. Seems to love Dunhill Mixture 965, double the pipe chamber size. Cold weather in Kansas has moved me to the garage.
Definitely very nice looking..Seriously like it..

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I also have a cob that I go back to time and time again because it performs so well for me. It has a lot if life left in that pipe but I have a brand new pipe as a back up just in case something tragic happens. :puffy: Better safe than sorry.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
How can someone have "A" cob? I mean, once you've tried one, don't you have to have some more? I smoke more tobacco in cobs than in briar, but I've got more briar than cob.

They're just always dry and cool and draw easily. What else does a bowl of tobacco need?

I've got a Freehand, and it smokes beautifully, but I haven't put it into rotation, yet.

I'm still learning, and a smaller bowl allows for more practice. :D

domingofetter

Lurker
Nov 11, 2014
I also have a cob that I go back to time and time again because it performs so well for me. It has a lot if life left in that pipe but I have a brand new pipe as a back up just in case something tragic happens. :puffy: Better safe than sorry.
Hello buster can you share out some pics of your cob? I hope you will not mind in doing that..

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
"How cold is it in Kansas?

My sis felt the earthquake there today..."
Trailboss,, I felt the quake in MO also. I felt the one at Newton earlier in the last month or so as well.
dsollars, I have that Freehand as well. Because of the way it drafts it smokes very well and can be good for a 75 min smoke, depending on blend & pack.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I would warn you that they're really not clenchers. Kinda heavy, but they smoke like a dream. A nice hardwood plug on the bottom. I guess the stem is an upgrade from most MM's.

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
Newbroom, I agree, it is not the best clencher as it is heavier than some. Then again, the garage is cold and so are my hands. The pipe is warm, and it is nice to hold!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
dsollars

They do feel great in hand. Very stout, man sized and durable. Got mine for $26.00 I think it was.

I had to have at least ONE.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Nice! I just picked up a Mark Twain, but have not yet had a chance to test it (stupid upper respiratory infection - I'm coughing too hard and too frequently to chance smoking right now...). It's currently 2 degrees (with a predicted high of 18) in Denver, so I know what you mean about moving to the garage. Brr!

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Yah not a fan of the cold surprising us... It was in the 60's a week ago and today I see snowflakes driving into work. Really cool pipe; stay warm!

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
I love all of my MMs. I've been dying to get my hands on one of those... My jealousy is now even more provoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.