PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
If you subscribe to site sponsor, Mike Glukler's "Briar Blues" newsletter, you received an email last night announcing a new estate pipe, a collaborative effort organized by Dave Neeb and Dave Wolff and includes other key estate pipe vendors.
Mike's email explains the site:
Good Day All
Please excuse this intrusion into you busy lives.
I am excited to announce there is a new pipe related website that has just a short time ago been opened. This site was the brain child of Dave Wolff and Dave Neeb. If you have been around for a little while I am sure you know both these gentlemen’s names.
The site is one that may save you time when searching for new and estate pipes. What they have come up with is a site which houses a list of five small independent pipe sellers’ sites. I am honored to have been asked to be one of the five sites on the list. The other four are all names which you are sure to know.
Now instead of having to have a link to each site you need only visit the one site and easily and swiftly move between the five sites, searching for pipes. You can price compare each of our goods. If a few of us have some pipes that are similar / the same grade and finish, you can now purchase from the seller that offers the best price. OR you may see similar pipes and use the price of one seller to “nudge” another seller to sharpen their pencil. I wouldn’t suggest trying to play one against then other, as the five of us do know each other and do communicate, so there is a limit to how much you can beat us up. ;)
You may also want to use the site to price compare with sellers not on the site and “nudge” their prices as well. Here I suggest you go for the jugular!
The site may also become an excellent resource for trying to garner what a pipe you are interested in should sell for or should be priced at. You may find something on E-Bay, and if we might have a similar pipe, you can guess at what it might command on E-Bay and bid accordingly.
The new site is names Estate Pipes Central. The url is
http://www.estatepipescentral.com
Also I want to remind you all that very soon the West Coast Pipe Show will be upon us. This is a great show! Small enough that you should have time to see each table, yet large enough that you’ll leave knowing you missed something or someone. Lots of the US carvers attend, as well there have been carvers from China, Italy, the UK, and Denmark attend. I love the venue. The hotel allows smoking almost everywhere. Exceptions are, the restaurants, and elevators. They even have a good number of smoking rooms. I hope to see lots of you there.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

Status
Not open for further replies.