PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Well here lately I haven't been on as much but I've started working for a friend of mine at a bicycle shop. And we're still working on my cycling leg. And we are two months away from having baby Jaxson!

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Thanks! I worked for John Deere for a little over a year until my surgery, and I still help them out as a part time tech consultant. But getting a full time job with cycling has always been a dream. And when I lost my leg I thought that was gone. But now I seem to have a renewed vigor.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Awesome news! If you don't mind, I (and probably others) would really like to know more about your cycling leg.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Well at first we tried a clip less design that failed miserably. So we are starting over. Were tryin something light, strong, and flexible.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Here is a design we tried but it didn't work with my riding style.

F67423D5-8DDE-460D-B550-111C4F82E563-2076-00000334DD14593A.jpg

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That is very good news Irish. I love riding my trek mountain bike. One day I want to get a road bike.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Sweet, irish! Hey, I was a tech consultant for John Deere for a year too, for Agris, their software division based out of Wichita, KS. I and my team designed, developed and produced the training for their new grain elevator software. One of the Agris girls got me into Everquest for a year, the old EQ right after Ruins of Kunark came out.
Good luck with the new cycling leg, but you know they can put engines on bicycles now, right? Guess that's not the point. Hope you get as much sleep as you can in the next two months! Congratulations, amigo; all the best from Texas :)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Congratulations on both the "Great News" items. :clap:

I think you're stubborn enough to do whatever you want to do.

When you get that new equipment operational we'll have to see some pictures of your handywork.

:puffy:

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
@photoman For your first I'd go cheap! Try the new schwinn cutter it has a flip flop hub so you have the freewheel option if you need it.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Glad to hear good news from you Irish.

Sounds like things are starting to go your way finally.

Aug 1, 2012
I'm glad you found a job you love. Not many of us get that privilege. From your posts, you've had a hell of a time so I'm happy you are getting some up to balance the down.

Status
Not open for further replies.