PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I grabbed my first Dunhill last week, from another forum sale. I have grown to love Cumberland stems and this one caught my eye a few weeks ago. Most Dunhills I've handled to this point have been too small. This Size 5 with a Chimney really fit the bill and yet still looks and feels balanced. I've been smoking some Solani 636 in it the last few evenings and it is quite a fine smoker. The draw is just perfect, better perhaps than my newish Ashton. The chimney can hold enough tobacco for over an hour, but I've only been smoking it 3/4 to re-break in the pipe as it had not been smoked for over a year. When I received it, the stem was loose enough that I was concerned, but I added a little beeswax and by the 3rd bowl, she was factory tight. A good reason to smoke your pipes! For me, this was a largish investment and I'm quite pleased.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Very nice! I love the look of the stem. I say you picked up a hell of a pipe.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A shot with it's running mate, an Ashton Cumberland stemmed Rhodesian. I'm becoming a Cumberland aficionado and my dwindling Paypal account reflects my enthusiasm....

Status
Not open for further replies.