PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Whoo hoo. My favorite author Jim Butcher has set the release date for his next novel in the Dresden series Book #14 Cold Days. If you haven't read any of his other books you are missing out. He combines the two coolest things in this series a Private Investigator and a Wizard, thats Harry Dresden. You may have seen the series on Sci-Fi channel after his 3rd book came out. I already pre ordered mine a year ago from the publisher. Sooo excited to get it.

Aug 1, 2012
The Harry Dresden books are some of the best current fiction IMHO. I can hardly wait for the next one.
Sou

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I remember that show they canceled it too soon.I am sure the books ar better I might have to check them out.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Tons better. The tv series ruined the books. I was surprisd to see the following they have currently. I have all his books. Even the Spiderman rendition he wrote.

oldmooner

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2011
Sherman, Texas
Butcher's books are great. Kinda like "Lord of the Rings" sans Hobbits. Harry Dresden, the wizard, is a very entertaining lead character. I read most of this series when they were published, but am now re-reading them on my Kindle. More the "fantasy" genre than "science fiction."

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Very true with the Codex Alara series. Harry dresden is a one of a kind. I doubt there is any character even close to him. The fact tha Butcher combines warewolves, vampires, fairies, ghosts, and just about every fantacy beings from Greek Gods to Jesus Christ just compels me to want to write like him. I have them in softback, hardback, Kendel and my favorite grafic novel form.

Jan 8, 2013
Im gonna bump this back to life, I am huge Dresden fan, books, didn't think the show did it justice. Book 15, May 2014, according to Butcher's website.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I just love the Dresden Files. I think we are all hot for "Skin Game" to be released on 05/27/2014. Apparently it is not going to address Molly's ascension as the Lady of the Winter Court. It is bringing back the incredibly evil Nicodemus, one of my least favorite villains in the whole series.
His last Dresden book "Cold Days" was so much better than the disaster that was "Ghost Story".

Jan 8, 2013
Agreed. Ghost Days was fairly week for the series. I tried to read it as fast as I could. Cold Days was, however, a great return. Nicodemus was bound to come back, and if Butcher's original plan goes through, I am fairly sure we will see him again in the final book (20).

reap

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
I have all the books in the series and just started to re-read them. I'm an avid reader and find these some of the most entertaining and easy to read books I've come across and it's nice to find a series that has quite a few titles. So yeah, I'll be pre-ordering.

Status
Not open for further replies.