PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Just got this DrG CDL off the 'Bay. Just need to fill, fire it and enjoy it.
th_77a48e23.jpg

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
A few minor marks in the finish, but for $15 I think it is a good deal. The wife wants to try a pipe and I thought this would be a good one for her to try. That and a custom SmokingDragon cob which is being made.

akpipe

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2012
Cooler, drier, lighter.
First time I've seen this style; let us know what you think!

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Still haven't smoked it. I don't smoke during the week usually but with the weather cooling down I might start. Was waiting on a TSD custom cob for the wife before I christen it so she can christen hers at the same time.
Now the hard part, what shall I smoke in it? Not a large cellar and I have a couple blends that should be here by next weekend. Hoping for my Halfling's Leaf and Autumn Walk and the Lord of the Rings tobaccos from Just For Him. The LOTR ones should be here by Wednesday. Of course there is always Frog Morton or Penzance. I'm sure either would be great in it.
I do know it is supposed to take a filter that's why the large portion of stem. But, I don't usually use them. Heard a Brigham filter will fit might try one.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The CDL was only test marketed in some parts of the country back in the late 80's--early 90's. A bunch of them were found at the DG factory several months ago. I bought 12 of them. Have only those on the display card in this photo now.They can be smoked with or without the filter. The aluminum shank can get a bit warm.

skyliner-4-24-12-2012-04-24-003-1024x768-600x450.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
The CDL was only test marketed in some parts of the country back in the late 80's--early 90's. A bunch of them were found at the DG factory several months ago. I bought 12 of them. Have only those on the display card in this photo now.They can be smoked with or without the filter. The aluminum shank can get a bit warm.
Nice bit of info there ejames - thanks for the lesson (wicked cool display too)

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Those are 1980 Winter Olympics( Lake Placid) commemorative pipes. They're basically Color Viscounts with an Olympic decal on the side

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
That is for sure one of the most interesting looking pipes I have seen. Enjoy that thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.