PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Just thought I’d show off this new pipe rack by Decatur from P&C.

The rack holds 9 pipes of various sizes. It is solidly made and the shipping care was just excellent from P&C. It had enough bubble wrap to safeguard crystal.

Now, all I gotta do is get a few more of these babies to pull all of my pipes out of drawers and empty out boxes.

Collection up to over 100 now. That’s briars. Meer collection is growing as well.

Wife asked me the other day if we were going to use the pipes and tobacco for retirement investment. Hmmm!
new-pipe-rack-600x592.jpg

Edit: fixed the pix/Al

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Picture didn't show up for me. I am on the hunt for a decent storage solution for my growing collection.
Cheers,

Jared

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I have three of these Fairfax 12-pipe racks available. $20 each plus shipping. That's less than I have in them. Photo coming.
img_1303-600x400.jpg

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I have a bunch of pipe racks all got at garage sales. My favorite though is one like this. I keep my pipe tools and Zippo in the tobacco jar, the rubber seal helps keep the fluid from evaporating a bit.
31072576_2_l.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Those Fairfax racks are perfect. I have 9 six-pipe racks from them. I cut out the stem hole into a U so they fit my larger/bent pipes.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A bunch of good looking racks there fellas. I could only get away with saying something like that here on the forum. :)

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Those Fairfax racks are perfect. I have 9 six-pipe racks from them. I cut out the stem hole into a U so they fit my larger/bent pipes.
Yep, that's what you have to do as I hate those damn pipe racks that simply have a hole rather than a U slot.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
I have a bunch of pipe racks all got at garage sales. My favorite though is one like this. I keep my pipe tools and Zippo in the tobacco jar, the rubber seal helps keep the fluid from evaporating a bit.
Hey Shutterbug,
I am really liking that pipe rack! You wouldn't happen to know where I could acquire one would you?
Cheers,

Jared

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Jared, sorry the photo didn't work at first. I just could not figure out how to get the photo posted, no matter what I did. Glad a mod or somebody came in and fixed it for me.
I like Shutterbug's pipe rack as well. If you find out where there might be others like it, please post.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I like the Fairfax racks kept original...If a bent pipe stem won't go thru the hole and sit on the heel of the bowl, I just set the pipe, stem down. I've had four 12-pipe, and four 6-pipe racks for a while now, but I've downsized my collection, and intend to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.