PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
12038260_10206604630265967_1834203413247962987_n_zpsehlcmlnx.jpg

Canadian Liverpool with cumberland stem, Viking edition ;)

papajoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2014
Wow. Nice. Me want Me want. :D

And it looks sandblasted to me. She looks to even.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
That's rusticated...there's a 90% shift on grain direction from the bowl to shank....and grain doesn't grow that way...:) (But a very nice job on the rustication...)

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
100% rusticated. Your bit needs some work. My teeth hurt looking at it.

What is the wood? The inside of the tobacco chamber is discolored, either form smoking or from really dull tooling. I assume its briar but am at a complete loss on how that black ring got into the bowl if it is unsmoked.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
100% rusticated. Your bit needs some work. My teeth hurt looking at it.

What is the wood? The inside of the tobacco chamber is discolored, either form smoking or from really dull tooling. I assume its briar but am at a complete loss on how that black ring got into the bowl if it is unsmoked
Its briar. And im not the one thats making it :) I dont know what you mean about your teethts hurt, but i never had one pipe hurt my teeth. But I dont have it yet, its only in pictures. About the black ring, I dont know, I will ask or see when its in the post. Peace out

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a great looking pipe. The colour of the stain and the stem really go well together. Is the inside of the bowl stained? It appears to be the same colour as the pipe's exterior. :puffy:

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
Very nice. Could you tell us a bit more on the commissioning?
Its an affordable italian carver that made me a pipe, I wanted a dark brown sanblasted with cumberland stem. He did not have a santblaster so he did the sanblast (via) rustication, took him 3 hours. I do appreciat a mans hard work( and fingers). I think its nice, and the "sandblast" is very hard work for a carver.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
That's a great looking pipe. The colour of the stain and the stem really go well together. Is the inside of the bowl stained? It appears to be the same colour as the pipe's exterior.
Thank you!I think it is....... I dont have the actual pipe yet. But im fond of the "delicate" look.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
@ clickklick you are hard man to please. I think the pipe looks great. That is a crazy rustication to mimic the sandblasted look. zack24 hit it on the shift in grain but its a really good looking rustication. The lip of the bit is a little thick but the bit itself looks thin enough. Overall a really nice looking pipe, I like the staining.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I've been known to be honest. I'm just concerned is all. I expect a full report on how it smokes. A full honest report. I have some reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.