PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
In May 2012 I ordered my first meer; it has taken almost 3 months to arrive from Turkey. I received excellent communication and service from Mr. Sinan Altinok THANK YOU (not to say that I wouldn't receive good service from other distributors as well :wink: ). I smoked a small bowl of Shortcut to Mushrooms in it last night...it was amazing - so dry - no wetness or moisture, like I get from my briars - the best taste ever!! I think I could smoke a meer all day, everyday. Why didn't I try them before now? :? I'm excited about this new venture anyway.
altinok-meer-1-600x450.jpg

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
Very nice.Who was the carver?I ws looking at the pipes carved by Sevket Gezer and thought I saw that on there.I like his work and will have to get one of his pipes some day.That one is a real beauty.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
@ohiopuffer

Sinan mentioned his carver, Izzet, in an email update in late May. I don't know his last name or if he was the one that carved the pipe. Izzet´s wife had been hospitalized and then passed away sadly; that was part of the reason for the pipe taking longer.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
That is absolutely gorgeous. I'd smoke it over carpet to be sure I didn't drop it.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I would definitely recommend a meerschaum to a beginning pipe smoker! No break in and great tobacco experience.

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
Beautiful Piece....I still think it should be called the "Claws of Pleasure".....

Status
Not open for further replies.