PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
Hi guys, I recently ordered a churchwarden stem for my bjarne giant pipe that I acquired a while ago. The original stem was just to short for it to smoke comfortably. So i contacted Mike Meyers from walker pipe repair and asked him to make me a stem and gave him complete artistic freedom. I must say that i am more than satisfied!!! the stem is amazing and fits perfectly with the pipe!!
f1fef42e61a43f17c9314ec18e7acb89.jpg

47fe7d897decdf30ed6f85e179f3c9f1.jpg

23b9b7c464e793c5f06c914ac83abdc8.jpg

Edit: Moved to Pipe Talk, L.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I like the looks of it better with the churchwarden stem, makes the bowl seem less daunting.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For some reason, the churchwarden style nearly always (often) has a rather small bowl. A group 3 is usually large for a churchwarden,

and a 4 is unusual. You've gone and re-invented the churchwarden. I think anyone replacing a pipe stem should seriously consider

going to a churchwarden stem, or having an interchangeable stem for one or more pipes (just parroting your good example here).

This is a super idea. Best of all, it's carried off with artistry and taste, super fine.

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
this pipe is so much better to smoke now that it has a long stem on it. The short stem made it awkward for holding. Now it's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.