PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Caga-tio2.jpg

Shannen and I are 23, just moving in together, looking forward to a life full of student debt and digital dependency. Also love, if there's time between jobs.
Though we've been together for six years, this holiday season will be our first alone together, untethered by the responsibilities and panic that stem from being in the same town as our respective families. Time to start making up our own traditions!
Shannen is a silly gal and I'm inclined to be a bit laughable sometimes. I read about this thing last year and figured it might be a ridiculous start to our Christmasses. So, we're gonna make one this year. "Why not?" We both asked. "What is it?" you might be asking.
Friends, meet Tio de Nadal.
Also known as Caga Tio, or "Shit Log".
It is a Christmas tradition from the Catalans.
It is a log that poops treats when hit with a stick.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tió_de_Nadal

http://suitelife.com/blog/events-and-festivals-in-barcelona/the-strangest-catalan-christmas-traditions/
So, yeah. We're gonna make one out of a toilet paper roll and see where it goes from there. This is what happens when you give young people the internet and send them out into the wilderness.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Go big or go home, man. Make that bad boy out of a log. I think that is an AWESOME idea though! Well played.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Caga-tio2.jpg

Shannen and I are 23, just moving in together, looking forward to a life full of student debt and digital dependency. Also love, if there's time between jobs.
Though we've been together for six years, this holiday season will be our first alone together, untethered by the responsibilities and panic that stem from being in the same town as our respective families. Time to start making up our own traditions!
Shannen is a silly gal and I'm inclined to be a bit laughable sometimes. I read about this thing last year and figured it might be a ridiculous start to our Christmasses. So, we're gonna make one this year. "Why not?" We both asked. "What is it?" you might be asking.

http://suitelife.com/blog/events-and-festivals-in-barcelona/the-strangest-catalan-christmas-traditions/
So, yeah. We're gonna make one out of a toilet paper roll and see where it goes from there. This is what happens when you give young people the internet and send them out into the wilderness.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Oh shit....I goofed.

I was attempting to edit the picture but inadvertently deleted the OP....I can't re-add that post, but only copy and insert into a new comment..

Sorry!

(I did get the picture fixed...)

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Reading this thread reminds me of that one time when I took mushrooms and saw AntZ instead of going to class. I have no idea what the hell is going on here.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
8O
I was so sure I was responding to someone else's thread ...
lmhaines wrote in the original post:

... I still want to see pictures of this.
:laughat: - (Admin privileges on a bulletin board can be dangerous.)

May 4, 2015
Anyone else notice that it's bracketed to the board?
Don't want the little guy wiggling around as you're beating poo treats out of it.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I'm a little confused too, but am I right in thinking that hmhains is the OP? Whatever the case, I gotta say, even though this is the first I've heard of this tradition, I love it. But then my wife and I are a little weird, and not big Christmas fans. She found a South Park Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo t-shirt a few years back and wears it where ever we go on Christmas. (never mind she's 77 years old.) I might have to give this some more thought and planning. :mrgreen:
Buy the way, I believe my poop log cameth the day after Thanksgiving.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
I am the OP, but SOMEBODY messed up the whole thing... :)
Maybe I ought to mention the Caganer, even though Shannen and I aren't incorporating this little slice of the Catalans into our Christmas.

From what I've read, people build a giant nativity scene showing all of the village surrounding the little Jesus baby. People are depicted doing all sorts of things. Including, you guessed it, taking a crap!
The Caganer is the pooping person. You can buy all sorts of Caganer dolls for your nativity scenes. Famous people, cartoon characters, whatever you want. Examples:
tumblr_inline_nzrjux3qQn1sfnmpk_540_zpsux6omavz.jpg

pb-101122-caganer-einstein-whalen-2_zpsbakeugjz.jpg

155708226_zpsgexknrpn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.