PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
So - just after I bought my first pipe and joined this forum, I lost my job. Fortunately, TAD and PAD had already kicked in, so I had a selection of cobs and a tobacco sampler to keep me going, and PatioBum kindly enabled further explorations with several more samples and a lovely Country Gentleman that he gave me when we met up during a Caribbean cruise (which I'd booked long before becoming unemployed...).
But now, the dry spell is over - my background check cleared, and I start a new job on Monday. I'm still in IT, didn't take a pay cut, and I'm only supporting a single system instead of an entire infrastructure. 4 months of austerity have trimmed some fat from both our household budget and my midsection, so I'm feeling pretty good.
Now I just have to wait for my first paycheck before giving in to PAD again... :D

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Congrats on the new job! Sounds like a better position anyhow. Now remember to be nice to the guy who can't figure out how to turn on his printer. :lol:

Dec 24, 2012
congrats man - if anyone has a tech problem, just tell them to reboot. That's what our tech folks seem to do, lol.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Congrats phred. I'm happy to hear that your heading back to work. :clap: Cant wait to see what you order first after such a dry spell. Happy puffing!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Well, depending on whether the B&M's sales rep stops by in the next couple of weeks, it looks like I'll be choosing between a Stanwell and a Rossi (which according to SmokingPipes.com is a Savinelli "affordable" line, as if Savinellis weren't already "affordable"...). Or another Bjarne Viking Classic, although I've already got 2 of those and would like to branch out a bit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.