PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I'm thinking of starting another business.
You can drive in some rural areas for miles before you hit a town where there's a restroom. And now, more and more gas stations aren't allowing the use of their restrooms.
"Franks Flush" The logo I can visualize. Me popping my head out of a toilet bowl wearing a big smile.
It would be a pay as you go restroom. Put a quarter in the slot...and do your duty.
I envision a "Franks Flush" every few miles on major highways. In cities, every other block.
What'da'ya think?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

That Jon guy that used to post on here already had this idea. He called it the Porta-Jon. We haven't heard from him in years. I wonder what ever happened to him, and if his idea ever went anywhere?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Those self cleaning Parisian shitters are sure an improvement over the public facilities that existed when I was there in the early '70's! The toilet consisted of a hole in the floor, over which you squatted and hoped your aim was good. A Norden bomb sight would have helped.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
To introduce this new product, consider the following the dialogue for a 15-second commercial which parodies a famous scene from "Gone With the Wind":
Scarlett: 'Where shall I go, what shall I do?'
Rhett: 'Frankly (note the subliminal tie-in there), my dear, I don't give a damn,' whereupon he hands her a quarter, points towards a sparkling new Frank's Flush, and then, with valise in hand, resolutely walks out of camera range.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"I envision a "Franks Flush" every few miles on major highways. In cities, every other block."
Yes, but you would have to hire lots of reliable employees to keep them stocked with tissue, otherwise your business could be wiped out in a hurry.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The facilities would be a considerable outlay, but the highest cost would be labor for maintenance. People would use these as long as they were kept really clean which would involve crews on the job all day and night. Port-o-Potty seems to provide mostly portable units for events, construction sites, and similar temporary locations. This would involve permanent locations, which involves purchase or rental of land and space and buildings. Big management challenges that require high energy supervision. But you're right, there's a need. Pricing would also be a key. I bet a buck or two a visit would be accepted by customers; when you gotta go.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. Franks Flush will never look like this, ours are Clean, Sanitary, Convient, AND we even have Toliet paper, No Sears Roebuck Catalog or Corn Cobs, we are a High End Poo Poo Station. :rofl:

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
OMG! I'm laughing so hard at all of the comments. :rofl: :clap:
Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Based on comments, it was a shitty idea.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Then Johnny O'Dapper

stepped out of the crapper

And this is what he said:

Frank, Frank, hit the tank!

She's waiting, the flapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.