PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/66514/stanwell-brushed-black-pipes/
The above is a link to a new pipe I bought on pipesandcigars.com over the weekend.
What do you think? I know its not a very expensive pipe, but I really like its looks and I'm hoping its a good smoker.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
I have been eyeing those up as they look like a really good value. I would be interested in feedback as to how well it smokes for you when you get it. I have been on an estate kick as of late, but thinking one of these might be the next new pipe I pick up.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a great looking pipe. I too am curious what shape you ordered?

No Stanwells in my collection yet....hmmmm.... :puffy:

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
I really dig the shape as well. Its the apple, brushed black #15. Here is the link again, just scroll down and you'll see it. :)...its the 12th pipe down the list.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/66514/stanwell-brushed-black-pipes/
I'll definitely let you know how it smokes, the post office indicated online that it will be here tomorrow, so I'll post tomorrow night and let you guys know how it works out.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Just picked up a Stanwell off ebuy. That is a good looking pipe I have no doubt you will enjoy it.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I don't have any of the new Stanwells (Italian made) All of mine were Danish made. They all smoke well. I'de be interested to know how the new ones smoke. Enjoy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I love these devils. It's the only time I've bought two pipes on one order. I bought the brushed black Canadian and the brush brown pot which was designed years ago for Stanwell by Sixten Ivarrson, shape 86. They make me feel good every time I light them up, that you can get such a classy smoking pipe at such a reasonable price. And they look great with the rim all bright in stained briar. You can't go wrong.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I have a brushed black bent bulldog stanwell (purchased from P&C). Absolutely phenomenal smoking pipe, I get many positive remarks on instagram when I post pictures of it. The stems are very durable, as I am a clencher and not a fan of softie bits

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Although these pipes are stamped "Danish Design", I believe they are manufactured in Italy. I bought a brushed black #32 (straight bulldog) and loved it so much I ordered the same pipe in brushed brown a month or so later. Phenomenal pipes, especially for the money.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Thanks for the information guys. The post office left their calling card so I'll go to pick it up tomorrow...can't wait.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
It's a good looking, classic burner but my experience with Stanwells are non-existent. And, at that price point, I'd give you odds they're Italian made.
I still want your take on the first, tenth and twentieth bowl, Seadog.
A fifty dollar purchase for me is a major outlay of disposable income. But, that same-same sum would buy a rocking Savinelli, GBD, Comoy's estate or otherwise under the radar English and Italian seco0nd.
Fnord

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Threads like this are a major threat to my pocket book, even if the pipes are a bargain! I bought the poker shape 207 and eight ounces of Match Revelation tobacco which I've come to enjoy quite a bit recently.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Fine looking pipe! This has been a rotten month for car repairs (new starter for the truck, new brakes for the Subaru, and new radiator hoses for the Buick) or I'd be shopping right now.

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Good pipes. Someone else had a thread going about Savinelli Series III unfinished pipes which I believe are also available at P&C right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.