New Briar says Omey Debrago I think it's faded though clues?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

6 Fresh Castello Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoneybologna

Lurker
Jan 14, 2012
I got a new pipe well new to me the age is unknown but is rather well smoked and upon inspection of the sides I came across two different things one side clearly says imported briar and the other although faded to my rough analysis reads something along the lines of "Omey DeBrago" any clues to what it maybe would be greatly appreciated the stem also the stem has a white spade on it and although it's heavily worn may not be the original the pipe has a metal ring between the stem before going into the brown briar bowl any Sherlock and or Colombo enthusiasts that can help me like I said earlier would be greatly appreciated

Jul 15, 2011
The white spade along with the phonetic pronunciation make me believe that this is none other than a Dr. Grabow Omega. They have a nickel military mount and are fairly reliable little pipes. It wouldn't happen to look like the pipe that appears at the end of this article would it?

stoneybologna

Lurker
Jan 14, 2012
To you sir I take the first truely satisfactory puff of this pipe that is exactly it your astute powers of observation should be celebrated thank you again

Jul 15, 2011
Glad I could be of some help. The Omega was my first pipe and I own two of them. I really enjoy them a lot. They are dedicated to drugstore tobaccos seeing as how that was the first thing I ever smoked in them, and they still have a spot in my regular rotation. They are easy to clean and offer a nice smoke. Glad to see that you are enjoying yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.